Can you transfer a tracker to a new house

csirl

One question that has occurred to me re: these mortgages is whether or the portable tracker can be topped up e.g this situation.

Property worth 250k (was worth 400k when purchased)
Tracker with balance at 200k.

Person wants to move to property worth 300K. Has 50K cash from sale, so is short 50K.

Assuming their are no affordability issues, is it permissable for this person to transfer the 200K tracker to the new property and take out a top up mortgage, at the standard variable rate, for the 50K shortfall?

Or does this person just have to swallow the fact that they cannot transport the tracker and take out a SV for the full 250K required?

I think there was something on rte.ie the other day where Bank of Ireland will allow you keep the tracker if you are downsizing but not trading up

[broken link removed]

I believe Ulster Bank are offering something like this at the mo.

Is it possible to move with Ulster Bank keeping the tracker, even if your existing tracker mortgage is with AIB? I presume not! But here's hoping.......

Knew it would be too good to be true!

My mortgage is with AIB (good tracker of ECB +0.6%)......would be keen to move though in the next 1 - 2 years, have some savings built up as well

PTSB gave their incentive to people with trackers to pay back early. Now BOI and Ulster Bank have announced their offer of letting people move house but keep the tracker........is it only a matter of time until AIB make some sort of offer to people on trackers as well?

Back