Need advice on expenses for rental

I think a characteristic would be that the asset itself, i.e. the kitchen having been so removed would still be capable of being fitted elsewhere - that it wouldn't have been damaged beyond usefulness, and that it would actually be practical to install it somewhere else again.

I think times have moved on and people change their kitchens much as they do their living room suite. They are seen as having an end to their useful life and need replacing.

What say you to a kitchen that is replaced because it's knackered?

Thanks all. The shed is just for storage. there is foundation but it's a metal shed and can be moved.
What about carpets/underlay/flooring, tiling, toilets, sink? Are they all repairs then?
So am I right in understanding that it's either capital write off over 8 years(i.e. wear and tear) or repairs that can be written off 100% in one year.

The third write off is capital expenditure/enhancement. In your example, if your shed was a permanent structure you would when you sell the house be able to use that to bring down your CGT calculation.

Hi folks,
Can you help me regarding which category of expenditure for tax purposes these fall under:

- Re-sanding and re-treatment of my timber floor
- Insulation upgrade (attic insulation and pumped cavity wall insulation)

Many thanks,
/M.

P.S. Yes, leaving it til the last minute, like every other year ... :(

- Re-sanding and re-treatment of my timber floor
- Insulation upgrade (attic insulation and pumped cavity wall insulation)
I would say (personally) that this would be repairs and full claimed on the year in question that it was done. That is how I would and have treated it.

P.S. Yes, leaving it til the last minute, like every other year ... :(

Is the online filing date with ROS mid November (as it was last year) or is it 31st October?
I was working under the belief it was the same as last year but have to say, I cannot find anything on ROS to confirm this!!!

Is the online filing date with ROS mid November (as it was last year) or is it 31st October?
I was working under the belief it was the same as last year but have to say, I cannot find anything on ROS to confirm this!!!

Rang the Rev Comm and they confirmed the 13th Nov as the deadline for online returns

Back