How Safe is Quinn Life Euro Freeway

Privinv

Hi,
I have a decent sum invested in the above. The fund is down by 30%approx in the past year. How safe is Quinn (with the fall on Anglo Irish Bank shares, the net assets in the Quinn overall organisation have been reduced considerably as a result of the quantity of shares owned by Quinn, €1bn??). Also taking account of the decline in the economy, it may be having an impact on Quinn business.

I wonder how safe my money is, should I cut my looses now, or is the Quinn business sound, and should I sit it out. I have no need for the money right now, security is my concern. Any comments?

That was not my question. I am looking for any points of view as regards how sound Quinn is with the present prevailing conditions

In addition, Quinn Life is a ring fenced regulated
company meaning that the company's assets or retained profits cannot be
drawndown or transferred to any other Quinn Group company without prior
Regulator approval.

I have deleted a number of inappropriate comments about Quinn Life and Anglo. The Quinn family has an investment in Anglo Irish Bank. This has no bearing on Quinn Life which is a separate company.

Brendan

Funds are separated from Quinn life Business

They cannot pay debtors with our funds ??

What would happen if they did fold, would we get Money, or would funds be passed onto someone else to maintain ??

Just out of interest (& lack of knowledge), I have my pension with Quinn Life, & while I'm not concerned about the financial state of QL, what are people's thoughts on spreading your pension amongst several providers ?
Should we get into the mindset that people had with deposits, ie. spread it around ? Are there any particular advantages or disadvantages to spreading a pension around multiple providers ?

I would also be keen to know what would happen to any money I have in a Quinn Freeway Unit fund if Quinn Life was declared insolvent?

Just out of interest (& lack of knowledge), I have my pension with Quinn Life, & while I'm not concerned about the financial state of QL, what are people's thoughts on spreading your pension amongst several providers ?
Should we get into the mindset that people had with deposits, ie. spread it around ? Are there any particular advantages or disadvantages to spreading a pension around multiple providers ?

If you're contemplating such a move, watch out for charges. Ideally look for pension products which have a simple charging structure where charges are expressed as percentages of contributions and funds. Try to avoid policy fees, which are flat amounts and can add up, unless your contribution is large enough to render them insignificant.

I would also be keen to know what would happen to any money I have in a Quinn Freeway Unit fund if Quinn Life was declared insolvent?

I'd also like to know. As I understand it the assets in the Freeway funds would be protected in this scenario. Can anyone confirm?

Back