Bronze Turkeys

walsher

Does anyone know of any buy direct from producers of bronze turkeys either in north or south. I can only seem to find them on the mainland.

I can see this being an interesting post!!!!!!!!!! Las time I heard "the mainland" being used..Rev Ian was talking!

France, Belgium or Newfoundland I reckon. Wherever they come from they must be devilishly difficult to stuff and cook not to mention carve...

Are there a lot of turkeys on "the mainland" then?

There is a place in Rhode, Co. Offaly, who do bronze turkeys. Ballybryan farm, I think the name is. A friend of mine gets them and said they are fab.

There is also a place in Sallins, which I might try this year.

I got a great bronze turkey from farm in Sallins last year and have just ordered another for this year. Ordered it through a friend but think website is bronzeturkey.com. Looking forward to the post dinner sambo already.

Yes, I've just ordered from Sallins too. The website is actually bronzeturkeys.com

Looking forward to it too.

A farm in Navan - Noel 087-2216525 - bronze free range. Can deliver also.

I bought one last year from Ballybryan Farm, in Rhode, County Offaly. Their tel no is 046-9737021. The person who rears them is Gerard Lalor. The turkey was one of the nicest I have had in a long time. It reminded me of the turkeys we had as children.

I think he also supplies some butchers in Dublin. I would def rec them. They are very pleasant to deal with also.

Last edited by a moderator:
My turkey goes into the oven pale white but it comes out bronze - does this count?

Back