rent supplement question

superfan

The person who rents my house receives rent supplement for her and her child,she recently had a 2nd child so I thought she'd be entitled to a higher rate of RS but apparently she was told that she'd have to move in to another house before she would be entitled to the higher rate.I find that very strange,what would the reason for that be?
My house has 3 bedrooms so surely that can't be an issue?

I have no experience of rent supplement, but nothing has actually changed re your property your tenant is renting, ie same property and same rent.

I have no experience of rent supplement, but nothing has actually changed re your property your tenant is renting, ie same property and same rent.

Very true but over the last few years I was asked by the Tennant to reduce the rent twice because the DOSP were cutting her rent supplement, now that she's entitled to more it'd be nice to put the rent back up to the level it once was.

Thanks for the link Dermot.
I'm surprised there's such a small difference between the maximum rent for someone with 1 and 2 children,my rent is still a lot lower than that though.
I'm just surprised that they told her if I put the rent any higher they won't increase her RS but if she were to move in to another house they will.

Thanks for the link Dermot.

I'm just surprised that they told her if I put the rent any higher they won't increase her RS but if she were to move in to another house they will.

I would be surprised to. Does she want to leave. Is she telling you the truth.

No she doesn't want to leave.
I've no reason to doubt she's telling the truth,but I can't speak to the CWO so I can't prove that or prove if she has actually spoken to him/her at all.

Back