Home House Insurance Query

faolteam

Last August My Mother,got a House Insurance Renewal but she asked me to see if i could get a better price on the house insurance,

I made enquiries and did manage to get a better price of an Insurance Company

So i rang the Insurance Broker she was with to see if they could do a better price and the guy did his sums etc but said that he could not come down on his original quote which i told him that i was getting a better price and if he could not do better she would not be renewing the insurance.

After about a month she got a phone call from the Borker and she said that i had got a better quote , and they said would i ring them, which i did and told them we were not going to renew this.

But Today She recieved almost two months later the following wording

Final Reminder

Unpaid Premium for Household Policy @@@@@@

This Policy lapsed on the due date 18-9-2013 and therefore , if reinstatement is required it will be necessary to let us have settlement remittance within the next seven days.

Is this bully boy tactics, She is an Oap and was quite upset .

What should i do now , and can i report this company for such tactics ?

Thanks in Advance Guys and Gals.

And what are you going to report them for ?? Trying to sell your mother an Insurance Policy ??

It's pretty obvious that the Broker was working on commission so as has been mentioned previously, it really is difficult to trust persons working on commission. The the customer pays the more they make.

Do yourself a favour file the correspondence under S and get on with your life.

well i just thought it was abrupt to be honest

but what she was corcerned about was would she have to pay this ? or should she just ignore it thats all ?

As long as you are happy that your mother is insured with a reputable company and that you received a Policy number and receipt, then treat it as JUNK Mail.

Final Reminder

Unpaid Premium for Household Policy @@@@@@

This Policy lapsed on the due date 18-9-2013 and therefore , if reinstatement is required it will be necessary to let us have settlement remittance within the next seven days.

Is this bully boy tactics, She is an Oap and was quite upset .

I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever. It's good that house insurance people send reminders. People do forget to pay their premiums and can end up uninsured. I presume that as it's a final reminder that's the end of the matter. It's probably the companies policy to send about 2 or 3 reminders.

It's a computer generated letter. I cancelled AA car membership a couple of years ago. Every month for about 3 months I got reminder letters. I called them after the third one and then it stopped.
Was she paying her original policy by direct debit? If so double check that the debit is not still being paid.

No

It's a computer generated letter. I cancelled AA car membership a couple of years ago. Every month for about 3 months I got reminder letters. I called them after the third one and then it stopped.
Was she paying her original policy by direct debit? If so double check that the debit is not still being paid.

i used to pay it for her with cash

Would you not read it that broker was doing his duty to point out to your mother that the policy she had through him was now lapsed? I think broker simply did everything by the book and did nothing wrong.

Back