Property damage-catch-all offence?

dollybird

I've had ongoing property damage by a neighbor.
Damage to boundary fences, trees, gates and buildings, and dumping on the property.
Is there any one catch-all charge under which the gardai can charge them and get them to court?
Thanks

Have you made a complaint to the gardai? Though it sounds as though you need to see a solicitor.

It's rural. Ongoing issue with right of way. Low level stuff with the occasional larger thing. Have had to replace gate on the track, now second gate going same way. CCTV of him using sledge hammer to make the gate "open" properly. Cops have spoken over to him several times, but he treats the property as though it ws his own. The damage is cumulative.At my wits end!!!

What if a neighbour is throwing buckets of dog faeces over your fence into your garden - would this be an issue for environmental health due to the health hazard involved?

Anyone had a problem like this in the past?

Had buckets of cow**** dumped over fence into drain-next thing county county council environment officer onto me, but soon saw that as I had no stock and neighbors shed was 10 m away that it must have been him.
No action taken against him though.
Wonder what makes people like this tick.....
Anyway thanks for the replies.

Gardai will advise you, but criminal damage is what he can be charged with. Very important that when you report any incident that the gardai log it, that will later become vital evidence if this has to go the civil route. Not that I would advise that- it is very costly and rarely, between neighbours, has a satisfactory outcome.

It's rural. Ongoing issue with right of way.

What exactly is the issue, that is the root of the probem, you need to tackle that, and if you're at your wits end you may have to compromise to be able to live in peace.

Use the Petty Sessions Act 1864 and issue a summons bring him to District Court.
Don't be emotive but factual.

Back