need out of mobile contract

update:

Pat Rabbitte refuses to engage, or answer any questions, or offer any opinions. (as of 11-Oct-2011)

Neither Pat, nor the DCENR, contradict or state that I am wrong on any issue that I have raised, and no-one denies that I have correctly described all the situations I have described.

The Ombudsman has rubbished my complaint of Pat Rabbitte not responding, .. as Pat has belatedly issued a response,.. which stated in a single cryptic sentence that he will not engage or answer any questions. That satisfied the Ombudsman... although the form of words the Ombudsman wants to use is 'close the file' rather than 'complaint upheld', or 'complaint not upheld'. I am pressing the Ombudsman to be more precise and to give a ruling,.. either 'complaint upheld', or 'complaint not upheld'.

I am of the opinion that the Ombudsman is biased, and appears unwilling to uphold my complaint, .. despite it being very cut and dried,.. Pat Rabbitte either did or didn't respond as a point of fact,.. he didn't respond as a fact, .. and yet the Ombudsman seems reluctant to uphold my complaint. My complaint was entirely about Pat Rabbittes failure to respond and so I feel my complaint should either have been stated to be outside the Ombudsmans remit at the start, or else it should be upheld by the Ombudsman. My actual belief is not that the Ombudsman is biased,.. more that pressure is being put on the Ombudsman not to provide me with any weaponry,.. by not giving precise rulings, and by refusing to state that the government is ignoring this issue. They expect me to write to newspapers and to set up websites.

Pat Rabbitte in his role as TD has also ignored all enquiries I've made. There is no avenue of complaint about TDs ignoring you, or lying to you.

I have exhausted all avenues open to me, short of the courts, and also short of physical protest.

Next step, .. physical protest of some sort. I will also write to the Taoseach and ask him for comment on the refusal of his Ministers to answers questions of the sort that I have raised.

I am basically alleging corruption and no-one in government has yet denied it.

I am aware that the septic tank legislation was ignored for decades, and I can only sympathise with environmental activists who may have been pulling their hair out for 30 years over that issue., and were probably ignored by successive governments. I myself have been asking these same questions about our telecommunications industry since 2008.

My final letter to the Dept (DCENR).. I sent this after having received a reply from them refusing to answer any questions or to provide any opinions. They consider the matter closed, which is handy for them, as they have never explained either the diametrically opposed rulings by COMREG in relation to identical text, nor have they explained away nine years of a 100% level of non compliance with both Irish and EU law.

Joe's letter to the DCENR said:
Hi (name removed)

I will just state the fact that Minister Pat Rabbitte has never answered any of my queries, nor has he expressed any opinions on the many and varied issues I've raised, detailing the corruption occurring today in our little State. Comreg issuing diametrically opposed rulings in relation to identical text does require an explanation, and if none is forthcoming then corruption has effectively been proven.

Pat is a coward, (due to his unwillingness to explain why he allows 74 private companies to break the law), and Pat is corrupt in my view,.. and this view is backed up by evidence.

I will disseminate this information as widely as possible.

If Minister Pat Rabbitte, or the DCENR wish to comment on the above I'm all ears as they say. I am not unreasonable, nor have I ever been,.. I simply desire some simple answers to questions,.. questions which all reasonable people agree require answers.

regards so
Joe

As can be seen from the above the government will happily ignore you and they will also give 'get out of jail free' cards to entire private industries,.. who will then abuse and bully the Irish population.

As successive Ministers and governments have refused to engage with me I have to go further with this.

I have two approaches which will get Pats attention. The first is to take out newspaper ads in the local Tallaght newspapers, .. making my points. I feel the newspaper will refuse to run an ad which is critical of their local TD. Can anyone comment on this?, .. would a newspaper run an advertisement which is critical of the government?

The second approach would be to picket Pat Rabbittes constituency office itself. This would take the form of me walking up and down outside his office, with a large placard saying something like

Joe's placard said:
'Are you having problems with your phone or broadband service?

YOUR PHONE COMPANY IS BREAKING IRISH AND EU LAW, and PAT RABBITTE knows this and ignores it!

He hates you!, ha ha... good old Pat!

Pat wants to allow your phone company to continue to break the law!

Does this second approach break any laws? I'd consider it quite likely that I'd be arrested for 'breach of the peace' .. or 'likely to cause a breach of the peace'.. even if that was untrue, but I'm uncertain about the likelihood of arrest, and in any event I wouldn't really care.

To be honest Joe, lines 3 and 4 in your placard sound a bit too personal imho. I think your best bet here is to contact journalists or groups interested in customer rights to get this taken further. I do think you need to spell out exactly what laws are being broken in simple laymans terms if you want the message to get out there. But avoid personalising the issue - I don't think this will do anything for your message and will make you look like you have a personal issue with Pat Rabbitte.

Fair Play to you Joe, oboiously the press don't want to hear of this as they get too much money from adverts from these companies. It's a pity really as this seems like a good story. Have you contacted your local MEP?

Ok, if I try to transfer my number to a different phone provider I'm guessing Three are not going to let the number port off their network!

Its the new mobile provider who "ports" your number, three cannot do anything to stop you or block you.
You just go to the new operator, give them your number and they do it all. Nothing that Three can do about it.

Hi TomRed.

NO, I haven't contacted any MEP. I think Lucinda Creiton (sp?) might be my local one.

I've complained to the EU and asked them to intervene and to ensure that the Irish can obtain our European rights too,... perhaps they're working on it. I first complained to them in 2009.

On the porting number issue... make sure you give your new operator the correct number, otherwise the wrong person will get ported. That practice even has a name,.. where operators port people without asking them.

So you should be asked to prove that you are in fact the registered owner of the number.

Back