Freehold title expired...cant contact Owner..

Dublin32

A friend of mine had a leasehold on a commercial premises for 21 years which as landlord he let out..this expired sometime ago..he or is solicitor has been unable to contact the owner of the premises.
As a result my friend has been unable to charge rent since the leasehold expired.
After that length of time the owner could be deceased, have sold on the freehold title to someone else etc.
I guess i could find out from the land registery who has the title. Is there anything else my friend could do to contact the owner?
I guess the person is in their own right to ignore correspondance if that is the case. However they own a commerical premises that is not generating any income.

I would assume that the solicitor has checked the land registery owner name with the 'owners' name and address etc.
Would it not be a simple matter of calling to the address and seeing who lives there, if no joy ask the neighbors where the person is now. If dead, for the childrens names etc... Basic PI stuff! If no one is found could he/she do a Pat Kenny on the property?

Back