Good areas, schools south Dublin

R

ro11

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm looking to buy on the south side and my budget is 200-250k. The thing is I'm looking for good areas with good senior schools for my two daughters. What's Shankhill like, Goatstown, Dundrum? Which areas should I'm avoid? I'm willing to go as far as bray.

You should try to be more specific about your requirements. Do you need 3 bedrooms? Would you consider an apartment? Do you need parking, public transport etc.? When you say southside, does that stretch to places like Harolds Cross or are you focused more on coastal southside? Do you have any requirements regarding the school, public/ private, all girls/mixed etc.

There are few, if any, areas that are all good or all bad, it depends on your lifestyle, requirements and budget.

Thanks for that, 3bed not apartment (concerned about the service charges), would like to move as close as possible to the coast but would be open to suggestion. Public school- all girls

.. would like to move as close as possible to the coast

I think your budget limits that particular aspiration. Have you considered coastal suburbs on the north side. Places like Raheny or Baldoyle could offer you the size of house you seek for your budget and are close to the coast.

Access to the coast is, in general, better on the north side than on the south.

There are very good all girl schools in Sutton, Raheny and Clontarf, all of which are well served by bus and some by DART.

Dundrum and Goatstown are both great areas to live - great school,s public transport, the Town Centre, LUAS etc.

Only problem is, even now, I doubt youd get much/anything there for €250K.

Maybe somewhere small in Rathfarnham?

Back