Eric Garner death - police won't face charges

Ceist Beag

I find the Eric Garner story deeply disturbing and upsetting. Here we had a man showing absolutely no sign of aggression and peacefully being asked to be left along and is then forcefully manoeuvred to the ground and clearly choked whilst saying "I can't breathe". Cause of death is pronounced as being directly caused by the actions of the police. And despite all of this, there is still no case to answer in court? We're not even talking about whether the police were guilty or not here, we're simply talking about whether there is a case to be heard or not. I really can't believe the verdict reached today, it's shocking.

I can, the cops in the states can kill coloured people at random without fear of prosecution...

Isnt there a new Federal investigation into this?
I think I heard it being announced on Sky News earlier today.

There is flowerman but it doesn't change the fact that a criminal case won't now happen. It doesn't change the fact that a jury sat down and came to the conclusion that there is no case to answer here. The best that can be hoped for now is a civil rights case but even there you wouldn't be too optimistic given recent events in the US.

Lots of rioting and looting happening over in "Americaland" now over this.

I wonder did arsonists start that massive fire in LA which has destroyed 2 freeways and lots of buildings?

Or was its just an accident on the building site which caused the fire?

Back