Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

I would definitely recommend getting an engineer. Had a good few things on the snag list for my house..one quite serious..that has to be fixed and would not have known for the engineer.

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and have just been reading up on the affordable housing in Co. Cork posts. They are very interesting.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with the places in Fort Hill and Castletreasure?
I got a phonecall last week from the county council to say that they are down to my points now for Douglas and to go to to bank to get the Certificate of Approval in Principle which i got from First Active.
Does anyone know if there are many units left to be given out?
Any info would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks.

there are 40 houses in the second phase of castletreasure, as far as i know they have all been offered.

Thanks for that Komori. I see from a previous posting of yours that you got a place in Castletreasure, congrats! Are they nice? When are ye moving in?
Well i got that letter only last Friday so there must still be a few places left...maybe they were given out and some of the sales fell through or something??

Thanks for that Komori. I see from a previous posting of yours that you got a place in Castletreasure, congrats! Are they nice? When are ye moving in?
Well i got that letter only last Friday so there must still be a few places left...maybe they were given out and some of the sales fell through or something??
people could also have refused them, getting the keys tomorrow for a viewing but they are lovely fromt he outside.

hope to be in there in 2-3 months

Yeah i had a look at the estate over the weekend and it looks nice. I hope you are happy with it now after your viewing tomorrow...i'm sure you will be!
I will keep my fingers crossed anyway that i will hear something soon!
How long after you handed in your Cert from the bank did you get called for the interview?

Yeah i had a look at the estate over the weekend and it looks nice. I hope you are happy with it now after your viewing tomorrow...i'm sure you will be!
I will keep my fingers crossed anyway that i will hear something soon!
How long after you handed in your Cert from the bank did you get called for the interview?

i only had an informal meeting to be explained to about the clawback,

i think it was only a few weeks i had to wait. i was offered the house 4 hours after the interview.

was in the house today, very nice on the inside. defo accepting.

The closing date for the certs from the banks was only yesterday so it will probably be another while so before i hear anything...if i hear anything!
I hate all this waiting!!
That's brilliant...congrats! You must be delighted.

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and have just been reading up on the affordable housing in Co. Cork posts. They are very interesting.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with the places in Fort Hill and Castletreasure?
I got a phonecall last week from the county council to say that they are down to my points now for Douglas and to go to to bank to get the Certificate of Approval in Principle which i got from First Active.
Does anyone know if there are many units left to be given out?
Any info would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks.
i think the others answered your question about castle treasure- with regards to fort hill i was told in february that i wasnt successful- it turns out the council said they only had 2 houses and they were given to other applicants. at that stage they had some duplexes left in fort hill - i dont know if they are still avaliable- it might be worth asking them

Thanks movingsoon. How long after handing in the Cert from the bank were you told that you weren't successful? They asked alright if i'd be interested in a duplex and i said i would, i'm a single applicant.
I'm not sure how many units are left in Castletreasure either as most of them have been allocated too...sure i'll keep my fingers crossed anyway!

Thanks movingsoon. How long after handing in the Cert from the bank were you told that you weren't successful? They asked alright if i'd be interested in a duplex and i said i would, i'm a single applicant.
I'm not sure how many units are left in Castletreasure either as most of them have been allocated too...sure i'll keep my fingers crossed anyway!

at the open day, plenty of the houses werent even open, so they might still be available.

the centre ones, 2/3 bedroom convertible were all closed.

Thanks Komori, maybe there are so...i hope!
It said in the letter i got that it was all 3 bed roomed properties.
How much are the houses in Castletreasure?...if you don't mind me asking!

Thanks Komori, maybe there are so...i hope!
It said in the letter i got that it was all 3 bed roomed properties.
How much are the houses in Castletreasure?...if you don't mind me asking!

the 3 bedrooms are €215000. valued at €320000

Cool Komori, you must be delighted with your purchase so!
Did they ring you or write to ya about the interview?

sorry rebel- i got my months mixed up
i actually got called for an interview for ballincollig in early october which i originally wanted but got told at the interview i was only eligible for a duplex in ballincollig- so the council told me i had higher points for douglas cas im living in the area and told me to think about forthill- i trotted of the bank, got my approval back to the council in around 3 weeks and hoped and prayed i would get fort hill
it was a very disappointing day when they rang at christmas and told me i wasnt successful but menchioned carrigaline and castletreasure were coming up very soon
it was february when they told me i got carrigaline if we wanted it (we didand we bought) and we will have our keys by june
a i said forthill is gorgeous and i would jump at the chance if you get offered a duplex- i cant cas i have a family and i have images of my children hanging off the balcony so the 3 bed semi in carrigaline suits me more
but if you are a single person or couple a duplex in forthill there would be wonderful
best of luck

Last edited:
Oh congrats on the house Movingsoon, ye must be thrilled!
I actually live in Carrigaline but i got higher points for Douglas cos i work nearer to there.
I took a spin up to Fort Hill alright and i love it!
The CC actually rang me today cos i'd told them i'd prefer Fort Hill to Castletreasure, simply cos it'd be handier for work.
So she rang to make sure that was still the case cos she said if i get Fort Hill it will be a duplex whereas i'd get a house in Castletreasure.
I told her i'd still prefer Fort Hill but i wouldn't turn down Castletreasure either!
I'm single so a duplex wouldn't bother me.
She said i have a very good chance of being offered a place and will be in contact again in the next week or so :)
I'm half afraid to get too excited though!

hi all. any1 know what the council mean when they say u have a short term housing need?? many thanks

Hi as far as I know, all the houses in Castletreasure haven't been allocated. My friend was offered one yesterday, and has accepted! The houses are lovely! Was up for one of them myself, but managed to buy privately in the meantime! Also, Marybourough Woods should be coming up soon, did anyone recieve the new pack in the post?

Your friend must be thrilled so! Do you know how many affordable houses are gonna be in Maryborough Woods? I didn't get any pack in the post...do you know what's in them? Is everyone meant to get it?

Does anyone know if all the affordable houses have been allocated in Castletreasure?

Back