Car Insurance quotes

dangerhere

My wife received aquote from Cornmarket this week for 566 Euro which includes our daughter of 17 - provisional licence. They were using AXA as the underwriter. She received her renewal notice from AXA themselves today and they wanted 768 Euro.!! Called Axa and told them about the better quote and they offered a renewal of 538 Euro. I know it's been said a thousand times before- shop around.

I know what u mean....it really is worth shopping around......you get prices from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand.....sometimes i think they pull these amounts from their heads as they're talking to you! I have to say though.....I can't pass Quinn Direct......luckily, i've never had a claim so I don't know what they're like that way, but I found them the cheapest around.

I'd second FBD - they represent reasonable value in my experience and are flexible. Also, have found them very straightforward to deal with - seem to have less bureaucracy than others.

Oh really Staples, are you having problems with them?
Somebody did mention to me before that they may not be great regarding claims but they were by far cheaper than anyone else for a quote.

My wife received aquote from Cornmarket this week for 566 Euro which includes our daughter of 17 - provisional licence. They were using AXA as the underwriter. She received her renewal notice from AXA themselves today and they wanted 768 Euro.

Were the 2 quotes for exactly the same level of cover, especially regarding the bonus protection and step back.... ?

Happened to me recently, but one policy offered unlimited claim over 3 year with 0 impact on bonus, while the other (cheaper) did not protect my bonus

Identical covered offered. Cornmarket obviously checked the market. Axa obviously picked a figure out of the sky. Been with Axa for at least 5 years.

Oh really Staples, are you having problems with them?

Yeah, they won't play ball. Without boring you with the specifics, they seem to rely on any neglible element of doubt to drag the thing out to the point where you just lose the will to continue. Even the eventual process of agreeing to 50/50 has been tortuous in trying to get things settled.

Net result is that I've been driving around with a damaged door for 14 months now without a resolution in sight.

From a policyholder's perspective, this approach might be beneficial. If you have an accident, there seems little danger of them paying out quickly and, therefore, of upsetting your no-claims bonus.

I was on the verge of using Quinns for pensions/investment plans. Glad now I didn't.

Got my renewal from Allianz €532, rang round a few places, found it was slightly dearer than other quotes. Rang Allianz and asked if this was the best they could offer, was put on hold, girl came back to me with €460, for the policy and its benefits this beat the others hands down. Querying their renewal on my home insurance also resulted in a much better quote.

Definitely worth contacting the insurance company and asking is this the best they can offer.

Hi all,I too have been ringing around for quotes.

Each company seems to be able to knock the quote down when I tell them of the cheaper quote I got elsewhere.

AA have offered me the best quote by far, around €100 cheaper than Allianz + EagleStar.
They offer almost identical policies/packages FullyComp/NCD fully protected/Windscreen/FireTheft Cover etc
but the quote from AA doesnt include Breakdown cover (which I dont think I'll need anyway, hopefully!)

What are AA like to deal with ?

I am flabbergasted. With Axa for years. Decided to take all your advice and check out other car insurance.
Axa quoted me €727 in total (including admin charges 40, DAS- legal expense? 40)
I rang FBD went through all details and was quoted €420 straight off with lots of extras included! Can't believe it. Fully comp, windscreen, breakdwon assistance, car hire etc.
Axa then offered 430! I said no thanks will stick with FBD.
Happy Days!

Well I am presuming I won't get a better offer. I have a list here so I suppose I should check out the others too! Got carried away.
FBD said if I get a lower offer then to phone them back.
Will keep shopping.... :D

I am flabbergasted. With Axa for years. Decided to take all your advice and check out other car insurance.

I am flabergasted too.

Don't you normally shop around or did you do it puely based on advise from this thread?

Wonders never cease to amaze.

Not that it matters to you yes I normally shop around.

With Axa for years. Decided to take all your advice and check out other car insurance.

Do you really always shop around?

If you did I don't see how you'd be so flabbergasted in the first place.

Not that it matters, it's just amazing at how little effort people make in getting car insurance, and how flabbergasted they are when they make a saving with a little effort.

Do you really always shop around?

If you did I don't see how you'd be so flabbergasted in the first place.

Not that it matters, it's just amazing at how little effort people make in getting car insurance, and how flabbergasted they are when they make a saving with a little effort.

I have been shopping around recently and even when I told certain insurers best price I had so far €767 they still came back to me witha higher price, so why od they bother ask:confused:

I always ring around....I was getting mad crazy quotes for car insurance this year...am back with quinn direct for 850 where as eagle star wanted 1300 and thats no joke.

I know someone who never shops round and its like hello you could save 500 euro..doesnt seem to bother him even though he's no exactly loaded.

I dont care what anyone says but a couple of hundred euro is better in your pocket than insurance companies.:p

Back