Dublin airport carpark flooded

Yes my lay-mans opinion of their argument is that it doesn't hold water :)p) - for that to be a remotely valid argument, surely every car-park, including the nearby hotels would also have to be flooded to the same extent? If you can show that no damage was caused to cars who parked, for example, in Bewleys Hotel across the road on the same night, then presumably you can prove that it's the flawed design of their car park and not the act of God that was at fault.

Incidentally, having a protected no-claims bonus doesn't mean there's no impact on you. If you claim and are then looking to shop around at next renewal, many insurers will quote based on the fact that you did have a claim, and not based on your protected NCB.

Indeed LD, a protected NCB is only valid with your current insurer who may decide to put up your premium next renewal full in the knowledge that no one else will touch you with a recent claim.

Off topic I know but I find parking in the Clarion or Great Southern at the airport to be handier than the long term car parks.

Not connected with either of these places other than as an occasional parker :)

Someone out there may help me on this - my car was in quickpark & same scenario - flooded. I cant even get my calls returned - my car is only 6 months old yet - Insurance company are a nightmare: they now want the entire upholstery repalaced seats & all. The insurance are insisting I can only get it repaired in their approved garages but I want it done in an Opel garage. having read further up technically its a write off( it came up over the back seats) I really dont know where to even start on this - help Please !!!

Exact same thing for me! Came back last Thursday to find about 10cm of water still inside the car, car started for few seconds but died off. The supervisor from QuickPark explained that it was flood over the weekend and that a lot of cars were towed from the area i was in (that area was apparently closed off for a while cos of water). He tried jumpstart then lend me the office phone to call my Breakdown assistance who ended up giving me a rented car and towed my car to a local garage where the car it still in repairs.

The supervisor from QuickPark was very nice i must say, he also advise me that i will be fully refunded for the full amount paid (45euros online). I got an email to confirm this yesterday.

Being only third party, my insurance (AXA) isnt going to pay for any repairs to the car and so I, too, am asking myself about getting compensation from QuickPark. To be honest the fact the i got refunded so quickly and without asking smells fishy already, as if QuickPark were trying to save their skins....

If anyone got in touch with QuickPark please let me know. Thanks,

Found [broken link removed], the Terms and Conditions for QuickPark in Dublin:

PARKING CONDITIONS & DISCLAIMER
1. VEHICLES AND THEIR CONTENTS ARE LEFT IN THIS CAR PARK AT THE OWNERS SOLE RISK IN ALL RESPECTS.
2. NEITHER QUICKPARK NOR ANY OF ITS SERVANTS, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS ACCEPTS LIABILITY FOR ANY THEFT OR LOSS OF,OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, TO VEHICLES, ACCESSORIES OR CONTENTS INCURRED ON THE PREMISES OF THE CAR PARK.
3. ANY LIABILITY OF QUICKPARK OR ANY OF ITS SERVANTS, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS FOR PERSONAL INJURY HOWSOEVER CAUSED,SUFFERED BY ANY ENTRANTS TO THE CAR PARK IS HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. THE TERMS OF SECTION 39 OF THE SALE OF GOODS AND SUPPLY OF SERVICES ACT, 1980 ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT THAT IT IS FAIR AND REASONABLE.
5. QUICKPARK SHALL HAVE A POWER OF SALE IN RESPECT OF VEHICLES NOT CLAIMED WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF PARKING.SUCH VEHICLES MAY BE SOLD TO DEFRAY THE ACCUMULATED PARKING EXPENSES OF THE OWNER. ALL PROCEEDS IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNTS DUE TO QUICKPARK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE OWNER ON PRODUCTION OF VALID EVIDENCE OF ENTITLEMENT.
6. THE PLACING OF A VEHICLE IN THE CAR PARK SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE AN UNQUALIFIED ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS.
7. REFUNDS ON BOOKINGS MAY BE ISSUED BY THE COMPANY WHEN A REQUEST FOR SUCH A REFUND IS MADE MORE THAN 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE ORIGINAL BOOKING START TIME. IN SUCH AN EVENT AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE OF 10% OF THE ORIGINAL BOOKING FEE SUBJECT TO A MINIMUM OF €7.50 WILL BE LEVIED. REFUNDS WILL ONLY BE MADE VIA THE PAYMENT MECHANISIM USED TO MAKE THE ORIGINAL BOOKING. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CASH REFUNDS BE ISSUED.
ISSUED BY DOCKSTOP LIMITED TRADING AS QUICKPARK

Hi

exactly where is this sign?

is it placed before you enter the car park?

can/could you see it clearly? ( no doubt it will be even bigger now)

there has been some case law on signs in carparks, can't remember the names at present, but the result was influenced by the location of the sign.

could you drive away if you did not accept the conditions?
was the sign clean ( bet it is shining now)
is the sign lit to a recognised standard.

could you stop in your car and read & understand the conditions? if you stopped would you cause a tailback which would force you to accept?

Were the conditions reasonable
you would however expect a carpark to be a carpark and not a swiming pool,
as there is power in numbers perhaps those affected could contact one another and consult with a solictor and instruct a barrister,

i myself would think rain fall is no longer an act of god as, we live in ireland, and heavy rain was forcast with a while, it is foreseeable that rain will gather where there are no gullys etc, was it built in accordance with the planning permission.

Could health and safety law help?
An employer and a business must ensure they perform their business in such a way which will not endanger the health of their employees, or others not in their employment a firm in the business of providing car parking spaces, which stood by and allowed those cars in their carpark to be flooded were endangering the lives of road users, ( the affect car users and other road users )

like all business they must have a safety statement which you are entlited to see, they must also have a risk assessment which all the employees are entitled to see,

i really would go to a solictor to get help, dont just accept this,
Your solictor will/should be aware of the case law on the signs
do go back and take lots of photos, preferable with an ordinary camera, and number each photo, and record the taking of the photos in a diary.

The carparks insurance company will fight this if there are 4o cars involved.

regards

For me, personnaly, my next steps will depend on the amount the garage is going to charge me for the repair - if the repair can be done!

I am also very spectical at the Disclaimer found on their website (didnt notice one on site) as they have 24 surveillance + CCTV but then claim no responsability over anything that occurs to your vehicle!

Anyway, i will post as more information are availiable to me ...

For Boards.ie, here another thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055358965

Hi

A disclaimer on the website may not be any use to them, the sign must be clear and where you enter the carpark,

just a thought, could the small claims court be used, costs €15, max you can claim is about €2000, assuming you parked there as a comsumer and not for business, i understand business can not use the small claims court

just a thought,

mind you Solictors should be happy to see you now, as they may be quieter because of reduced property sales

Quick park flooding -HELP

when did the flooding take place in the Quick Park dublin airport???
myself and my boyfriend arrived back last saturday from a 2 week holiday.
we were parked in cark park no 129 which is close to bus shelter 124.
on opening the car door we got an awful smell. then when we sat into the car we found that the seats and floor were very damp. we found this very peculiar seen as none of the windows were left open.
while exiting our section of the car park we noticed cones with red/white tape blocking it off.
we were so exhausted from our holiday that we decided to sit on our hoodies pay the fee and head home.
but on our journey we found that the car was making very loud noises and was not performing as normal.
the car has been taken to the garage where we were told told that flood damage had occured.
just wanted to know what people have done in realtion to this?
we were oblivious to the fact that such flooding had taken place and paid over 100euro for the parking.
surely there must be some comeback seen as the car needs repair etc???
can anyone help in this matter

Apparently quickpark flooded on Sat 9th (When I asked an employee he admitted it was a bit dippy on Sat) All four footwells in my car were full of water when I collected it on Mon 11th. I was parked approx the same place as you lizzohen, ie between bustop 124 and the corner of the carpark (around 130 - 134 I think). After I bailed out my car (with no help from quickpark employees) I was talking to a BMW driver who was having electrical probs, who had seen several other cars with similar problems
My car seemed ok but is now giving an engine diagnostic error relating to the o2 sensor to the rear of the catalytic converter. Even before the error I had booked it in for a service. Have asked the garage to check for any damage that may have been caused by the flooding.

Saturday 9th yes. My car was park on number 131. When collecting it on Thursday evening last i spotted at least another 10 cars with water on bottom so prepare for more .... My car is still in the garage to this day still not fixed fully.

Thanks Theengineer, i will keep the small claim court in mind.

Hi, some advice that may be useful. Claim through your own comprehensive insurance and let your insurance company bring and finance any claim against the offending car park under the subrogation section of your policy.

Back