Single mother cant get mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies.

leukoshoopr

My single sister has a 2yr old daughter and living with my other sister in her 3bed house along with her husband and 3 kids- she needs to get her own place- she's working part time but not earning enough to get a mortgage

Any suggestions out there?For the sake of all our sanities we need her housed

She should go to her social welfare office and tell them her sister is kicking her out and where can she go.

She applied for Afford. in 2006 when she was in full time employment with no child-they only got back to her earlier this year(now part time with child) with an offer but couldn't get a mortgage as not earning enough

Shared Ownership only offered a one bed which would be no use for the long term- plus she'd have no way of buying them out and as I've learned the hard way the 50% you owe the corpo increases with the value of the house

She should go to her social welfare office and tell them her sister is kicking her out and where can she go.

She thought of doing this but is affraid of ending up in a hostel or being housed God know's where- I know "beggar's cant be chooser's" but she doesn't want to go from "frying pan into the fire"

She's waiting since March for her living situation with my other sister to be evaluated for a council house( they're coming in Dec.)
She only qualifies for €300 rent allowance

Your sister cannot afford a house, but she 'needs' one.

I need a Mercedes convertible, a round the world trip (business class mind) and a BMW R1150GS motorcycle. The combined price will be much cheaper than a house in Ireland.

Where do I go for my needs?

So she should lie in an attempt to con the authorities (i.e. the taxpayer/us)? Surely that would be to the detriment of a genuine hardship case? Perhaps the OP's sister should have thought of her potential needs relative to her means before she got herself into this predicament? But sure why bother when the rest of society will carry the can for the irresponsible behaviour of others...

My mistake- thought this web site was set up to help people not judge them. Neither of you two above obviously have any sympathy for a 36yr old woman who's worked all her life her and through no fault of her own has to live in a box room with her daughter in her sister's house.People here who have never worked or haven't even lived here before get housed all the time-she just trying to provide for her daughter and get some dignity back in her life.
Thanks again to the other descent posts who have actually tried to help.

Don't mind them leukoshoopr .... you've got some good advice here so hopefully it will lead to some independence for your sister and your niece.

Housing list seems to be the way to go .... new week .... tell her to make the enquiry. :)

Your sister cannot afford a house, but she 'needs' one.

I need a Mercedes convertible, a round the world trip (business class mind) and a BMW R1150GS motorcycle. The combined price will be much cheaper than a house in Ireland.

Where do I go for my needs?
Strangely enough, most people wouldn't see the need for housing (see, it can be written without the apostrophes) as the same as the need for cars, bikes and holidays.

John Rambo's point is a valid point and in keeping with the ethos of Askaboutmoney which is not to allow any illegal activity. Lying to jump a waiting list and push others down the waiting list should not be recommended on Askaboutmoney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back