Can we remortgage our Parent's house

Thanks anyway- I'm going to try sell this renting idea to her

Can you do the money makeover section for her so we can see why she is unable to afford to rent? She has an income and will get 300 rent supplement. It doesn't make sense, many people rent with small children, it's perfectly normal if you can't afford a mortgage?

I've sent her an email to do the money make over- she reckons she could afford it but she's waiting to be accessed for rent allowance which wont happen till December

I think the most practical advice so far was from Scotsgirl, I have two friends who were in this position in the past and they house-shared with other single mothers, there were many advantages apart from the obvious financial one - shared babysitting and mutual moral support in particular.

Many thanks to all of you (especially my brother) for your kind words, thoughts and encouragement. I think renting is the way forward for now or until my finances improve

Scotsgirl, thank you for your idea, I never would have thought of houseshare with another lone parent

I hope it all works out for you Loneparent72, as I know how hard it can be on your own with a child. And I think you have a wonderful brother to be looking out for you like that.

I certainly do, he is the best. Thanks again Scotsgirl.

"I smile cause you're my sister and laugh cause you can do nothing about it"

Slan agus go raibh maith agaibh

Back