House Auctions

L

lfc.ie

Hi,

New to this, any chance anyone can give directions as to where we could find houses that are up for auction in Ireland?

Repossession (not nice to be a victim of but it happens) auctions also.

Many thanks

Ifc.ie dont be 'ashamed' to profit from others misery as the OP implies . At the end of the day the bank has repossessed the house not you and that shame should lie with us as a society for letting them. A house is not a home until someone lives in it, you'll only be buying a house,( if that makes sense)

Ifc.ie dont be 'ashamed' to profit from others misery as the OP implies . At the end of the day the bank has repossessed the house not you and that shame should lie with us as a society for letting them. A house is not a home until someone lives in it, you'll only be buying a house,( if that makes sense)
I doubt very much he feels ashamed. Nor did I imply that he should do so.
(other than the obituary bit);) I just ment it wouldn't sit well with me..personally.

Jeez..Why don't you look up the obituary notices whilst your at it, to bag a bargain?
It may just be me, but it doesn't sit well with me to make a profit out of other peoples misfortune.(repossesion)

One way or the other repossesed houses have to be sold. The quicker and easier they sell the borrower reduces his debt.

Currently, repossessed houses in Ireland are sold as normal through an estate agent.
They are not badged as repossession sales.

As only a few 100 houses are repossesed every year, it is not a specific area of business. ( Sadly, this may change).
So, the answer to the OPs question is to check the websites of all the major estate agents and daft.ie and myhome.ie

All repossessed houses I've been asked to sell are non-PPRs (i.e. buy-to-lets or "do-er uppers" that are no longer financially viable) so there's no "seeing someone chucked out on the street".

However, the properties are not marketed as "repossessions" though if someone asks then we can inform them that the vendor is a bank (they'll find out anyway)

Unlike individuals, banks are more keen to sell the property quickly rather than wiat for a few grand extra.

Back