Prize Bonds are looking attractive alternatives to deposits

50 from the big batch :)
0 from the small batch :(

You'd think The Ghoul would be out scaring people on this scary of all days, today mus be the highlight of his year...

2 by €50 last week
1 by €50 this week.

Has been falling off for me but still ahead of deposit rates so happy...;-)

Same result today as last week.
50 from big batch
0 from small.

Today was the first draw to which the new prize fund rules apply (50k top prize, 10 x 1k prizes but a big reduction in the number of 50 euro prizes)

Same result today as last week.
50 from big batch
0 from small.

Today was the first draw to which the new prize fund rules apply (50k top prize, 10 x 1k prizes but a big reduction in the number of 50 euro prizes)

Sounds like bad news,prizebonds seem to be losing there shine a little..nothinh today for me anyhow, by the way is the 1 million prize gone?

Nothing today for us. Is there a link to the new allocation of prizes. I think I'll use the money and change the car!!

1 x 50 from 100k batch. The prizebonds website and bond tracker have changed this week - the format is a bit different and the list of prizes now only goes back as far as March for me (the below screenshot includes prizes since March from my 100k batch and 75k batch but not the 33k batch that I cashed in a while ago)

Edit: there seems to be some new functionality for filtering prizes by date if one clicks on the "Winners" link

G0n8Ow4.jpg

Prize Bond results

I hold approx 100 bonds for the guts of 20 years! and have won 1 prize and the princely sum of €70.00. I have not checked for winners online, as I have not changed address, and we are assured that winners will be written to!!
So, how many Bonds would I need to hold to be assured of an income from them, which would beat alternative deposit rates??

I hold approx 100 bonds for the guts of 20 years! and have won 1 prize and the princely sum of €70.00. I have not checked for winners online, as I have not changed address, and we are assured that winners will be written to!!
So, how many Bonds would I need to hold to be assured of an income from them, which would beat alternative deposit rates??
That question has been answered to death way back in one of the 17 pages of this tread

That question has been answered to death way back in one of the 17 pages of this tread

I was just about to say that, ie: Read the (expletive) thread.

Hard to believe that someone would post such a question when people have gone to such lengths in this thread???

The new prizes are as follows..
"On 5th October 2014 the National Treasury Management Agency announced a reduction in all State Savings interest rates. The Prize Bond fund rate is now 1.25% - this is the variable rate that will be used to calculate the November 2014 Prize Fund and will continue until further notice.

There will continue to be a €1 Million prize in the last weekly draw of each second month, February, April, June, August, October, and December.

€50,000 awarded each week, other than when the €1 Million prize is awarded.
10 €1,000 prizes.
250 €100 prizes.
Over 6,000 €50 prizes."

so, yes, the €million is still there for the taking.

50 from the 100k batch :)
0 from the 75k batch

This thread has gotten quiet, have people stopped winning or just lost interest in posting.

50 from the 100k batch :)
0 from the 75k batch

This thread has gotten quiet, have people stopped winning or just lost interest in posting.

Basically lost interest in seeing "Sorry, you have no new winners." :)

Nowt again this week. :-(

Back