Time to get deeds from BoS(I)?

sprinter

Hi all,

Can I ask if any of you have recent experinces in getting residential deeds from Bank of Scotland (formerly BoSI)? How long did it take and any way to speed the process up as I've heard the Irish deeds are now stored in Edinburgh!

Suggest you have your solicitor request the deeds well in advance of any sale ... allow several weeks :)

It took me nearly 6 months of letters, visits and correspondence through my solicitors to get deeds back from them. A complete nightmare !

Not good... we have contacted them and were told that their policy is that it can take up to "28 working days"... We've already send the initial request to them in Edinburgh but they now must send a form back to my solicitor to sign and only then are the deeds deemed to be formally requested - rubbish system.

Can I ask if your were lost or if there was an issue or was it just BoSI being generally rubbish and slow?

The deeds were held against borrowings I had repaid fully. I wanted them back urgently as I was selling the asset. I got nowhere for months. Finally I just went into the Dublin office and sat there until I spoke to someone in charge. I did another call in 2 weeks later. Meantime my solicitor had literally to threaten legal action should they delay cause my sale to fall through. Eventually get them just in time. Its pure inefficiency and could'nt give a damn attitude as the local organisation here is only interested in debt recovery. Yes, the deeds are all stored in Scotland. Keep the pressure up as they will do nothing where there is no money in it for them and they have exited the Irish market anyway. Good luck!

...Finally I just went into the Dublin office and sat there until I spoke to someone in charge. I did another call in 2 weeks later.....

Did you find a Bank of Scotland office somewhere in Dublin ? ... I understood they no longer had offices in Dublin, or anywhere else in our little country.

I went into their old office in Stephens Green currently used by their collection agents Certus. They appointed some of the BOSI staff on contracts as collection agents so I used my previous connections there and chased through them.

Back