Are ICS Building Society mortages reputable?

L

lozClare

have been refused mortage by AIB and EBS as working in construction industry. I am trying to buy an old cottage on 5 acres. they will only lend the money for the cottage. ICS will lend but I have heard they have a bad reputation, anyone have experience of them?

ICS in a part of Bank of Ireland Group - if you consider them reputable?

On issue of 'bed repuatation' I have heard some stories about inefficient admin, but that's about it.

have been refused mortage by AIB and EBS as working in construction industry. I am trying to buy an old cottage on 5 acres. they will only lend the money for the cottage. ICS will lend but I have heard they have a bad reputation, anyone have experience of them?

Chances are you will be refused with them too. Part of Bank of Ireland and criteria will be more or less the same.

yes they are, they are the mortgage company owned by Bank Of Ireland. I have had dealings with them and i can honestly say that they caused me no issues. They have good rates too at present.

If they have sanctioned it, take it and run. I am surprised though, they sanctioned you as they are strict with their criteria at present.

So if sanctioned, for god sake dont let it go out of date or expire as you will find it impossible to borrow the money the next time or any where else

good luck

my mortgage is with ICS for the past 4 years...very happy with the service, rates etc.

Back