Solicitor recommendation - Cork Area

boots

Hi,

I will need a solicitor in the coming months to handle the transfer of a site from my wifes family (we are hoping to build on the site).
I used a solicitor in cork city for my own house purchase seven years ago but would be interested in trying somebody new.

Does anybody have any recommendations?
Thanks
Boots

Mary Buckley (office in Washington St) handled the purchase of my apartment last year and I can't say enough good things about her ... she made the process very easy for me and the price was very good as well compared to some of the quotes I got.

I used Kelly Dullea solicitors on the South Mall when buying my house. It was Finian who dealt with me and he is excellent.

He is very professional and explains everything in 'plain' english as alot of those contracts are like double dutch. Dont have his number to hand, make sure its him you get though!!

If you would like to go as far as Bandon, I would recommend Myra Dinneen, she used to be with Barry Galvin, but went out on her own a few years ago. We have retained her on a few occasions and found her very good. Competitive rates too.

I used Doody's on South Mall a few years ago. At the time they were the cheapest for purchase of a house, and I was very happy with their service.

Ring Around and go for the Cheapest .It does not seem to be problematic

I used Doody's on South Mall a few years ago. At the time they were the cheapest for purchase of a house, and I was very happy with their service.

+ 1 I've been dealing with Michael Doody since 1997 and he's always been great in any dealings and I never felt like I was being ripped off which you do when dealing with some others.

Going to add to your thread Boots if you dont mind! Has anyone shopped around lately for the best price in Cork Area for a solicitor re house purchase / first time buyer?

Have rang about 10 places in Cork this week. The cheapest were George Mills and Doodys. We decided to go with Doodys because of recommendations both here and rateyoursolicitor.

Fab, thanks for that Herb, Doodys seem to have good rep alright.
Best of luck with your dealings and thanks again.

Back