Research Survey on effect of Mortgage Debt on Stress/Well Being-Please Particpate

NNNN2

I am conducting research into the effect of negative equity mortgages and indebtedness on stress levels and well being. There is no research in this specific area in Ireland currently. The results of this study will enhance understanding of the issues facing people in this predicament.

To participate in the survey attached, you need to be living in the Republic of Ireland and either 1) renting the accommodation in which you live or 2) a homeowner with an outstanding mortgage and in employment.

[broken link removed]

This survey is completely anonymous. Your participation would be greatly appreciated. Simply click into the link below and follow the instructions.

Many thanks

Sounds like a survey in which many of the conclusions have been arrived at - you just need numbers to prove the points. Where is the control group in this survey?

Hi Gulliver,
This research is in connection with a thesis, more information is available through the link. There are no foregone conclusions. If you are interested, I will provide you with the research results once complete, to include detail on the design and method.

Your participation is much appreciated.

Just an observation on a few areas;

Marital status - missing civil partnership option

Source of distress - missing option of none

Set of question on coping with financial stress asks what you do when under a lot of stress - should be an option to skip (or mark as n/a) if this is answered low in the earlier 1-10 rating of financial stress question

Also a progress bar would be useful

As part of your study, would you consider including other debt e.g. loans, credit cards, overdrafts? Not everyone who is in debt has a mortgage but a lot of people are in arrears with other forms of debt.

Hi there
I would definitely consider this point for future research however this particular study is mortgage debt specific.
Thanks for the feedback.

Very good! As I said its not only people with mortgages and more than likely they also have built up other debt e.g. cards and overdrafts and car loans but there are a lot of people out there who for one reason or another have fallen into debt. Also a lot of self-employed people are struggling and I am not talking about big business here but small business owners and sole traders who have no recourse to state allowances and the stress on these people is enormous.
Good luck with your research and you might consider doing further research into this as believe me it is one big problem for people at the moment.
Thanks

Just completed your survey, as xeresod said progress bar would be helpful also get rid of the ads, I would have expected a bit more professionalism for a survey into peoples finances than having investment opportunities popping up everywhere,your looking for help from people who are trying to just get by

Back