KBC offering €1,000 to switchers

Hi, I am thinking of switching my mortgage from AIB to KBC at the moment. They have extented the €1000 legal fees offer to the end of June. I do get the impression from dealing with them, though that they would be very happy not to pay the €1000.Has anyone switched to them and received the €1000 from KBC ? Thanks.

Once you close by the end of June you'll get the €1,000. That's tight on time so I'd move rapidly if you want to avail of it.

I just availed of this offer. We submitted all the documents in mid Feb and drewdown mid May. KBC were very helpful, but very bureaucratic. Large amounts of documentation and after getting a email saying we were approved in principle it took over 5 weeks to get a letter saying it, at which point they could issue the documents to our solicitor. This was with almost daily emails for updates.

If you are going ahead with this get your Solicitor to start ASAP and get everything that can be done done in advance.

Also they don't offer internet banking for mortgage accounts and its required to be paid on the 1st of the month (no changes allowed), but hey its cheaper so I can't complain that much :)

Thank you Irish Guy and LDFerguson.

Got everything set up and sped through the process (with several prompts from me).

With a couple of days to spare(to the €1000 legal fees deadline) I was told all was in order and just waiting for the drawdown.

Following on from that with an hour and a half to spare I was emailed to say one piece of additional documentation was required. Of course, I cannot supply documentation at the drop of a hat within a couple of hours , so I missed the deadline. I will be putting my case to them, that it was their system that missed the deadline and not my actions. Do you think I will get anywhere ?

Any advice appreciated.

Just giving this a bump. By my calculations it could be worth over e100 a month to me to switch. Is there anyone else out there who has made the switch and want to share their experience?

I'm on an EBS variable at 4.56% at the mo. KBC offering it at 3.85%.

Thanks

I'm interested in this well. I'd be probably saving €85 per month.

Has anyone any idea how much the legal fees would be?

I'm interested in this well. I'd be probably saving €85 per month.

Has anyone any idea how much the legal fees would be?

Looking into switching myself.

Got two quotes today. One for 1580, which sounded excessive. The other was 960. The broker did say it should be coming in at about the 1000 mark or just under.

Back