Potential house purchase

N

neilster

I have recently looked at a house in the midlands, i like the quiet location and my family like it also , its 2750 sq ft on 0.8 acres ....attic is fully converted...its left with builders finish but with bathrooms (4) fully wet room tiled and with suites installed . Electrics and first fix carpentry are done as is an oak stairs along with sewerage and heating ...there is also a Beam system along with a large stove and footpaths done

It needs a kitchen ....full flooring downstairs, cherry wood , eng oak and porcelain tiling except bathroom and fully floored upstairs (laminate) except bathroom needs doing

It also needs groundworks done leveling seeding etc ...kerbing...post and rail ....and needs all internal doors , architrave , doorframes and skirting

The builder is looking for 145k which i reckon is what he has put in so far plus a little profit (he is taking bath on site he says)...the Estate agent before the vendor and him consulted guided to a 120k (this may appear cheap ....but there is still a lot to do)...and then came back with the higher figure which annoyed me ...there are some houses down to 180k finished at this size so it wud have to be 120k with all the hassle to get complete

In light of the fact that the EA said :

a) his only sales lately are cash offers as no finance is going
b) he doesnt bring bids to vendors unless there is a recent mortgage approval or cash statemnt in writing

was the EA guiding me to a price of offer he thought would gain finance/cash offer and feck the vendor . I would like to add that i have close to the price as a cash offer and would probably augment it with a fathers loan to avoid a mortgage

any ideas folks on how to proceed ? Someone suggested to get the builder to finish it minus the kitchen to at least swallow the labour and avoid hassle but these guys live in cloud cuckoo and get my goat

has others been in same place or what might all cost or examples from people who completed house that were semi/nearly built

You will get a much better response to your question if you the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be deleted.

Brendan
Administrator

Back