Irish Water requesting Details

roker

It's in the NEWS this morning that Irish Water is requesting personal details PPSI No. how many children, whether the householder is a homeowner or tenant and request bank details of the account holder.

I assume that the bank details are for Direct Debit. Due to previous experiences I do not have any DD nor will I open a DD. Is this legal to insist on this? and what will happen if I do not give them my bank details. This is also a security issue.

I'd say don't panic or get excited about it just yet.

Until we see the form, it won't be clear precisely what is being requested. I rather assume that direct debit will just be one of the methods of payment available.

mf

This is also a security issue.

Lots of State and semi-State organisations have my bank details. This is not, per se, a security issue. You can assume that that they will be reckless with how they store your details, but that assumption may not be grounded in reality.

Payment by DD may be their preferred form of payment. Other options are likely to cost more to process, so don't be surprised if you are charged for not paying by DD.

Why do they want your children's pps numbers.

Maybe to prevent Roma from kidnapping children to get their water allowance.

Why do they want your children's pps numbers.

Maybe to prevent Roma from kidnapping children to get their water allowance.

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

If kids are to get a free allowance, then it's no surprise that they are seeking info such as PPS numbers to confirm the headcount.

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

If kids are to get a free allowance, then it's no surprise that they are seeking info such as PPS numbers to confirm the headcount.

What happens with the many households where parents are separated and the children spend some time with each parent? Is it going to be like the last budget where fathers were shafted?

What happens with the many households where parents are separated and the children spend some time with each parent? Is it going to be like the last budget where fathers were shafted?

Yeah, it'll go to the house where the kid resides most of the time (usually the mother)

Also I am superfit due to amount of exercise I do. I should get an allowance because even though I take extra showers I'm actually saving the state in the long run cos I'm so healthy so ...

Also I am superfit due to amount of exercise I do. I should get an allowance because even though I take extra showers I'm actually saving the state in the long run cos I'm so healthy so ...

And I want an allowance to wash my mountain bike! That or clean all the mud around Ticknock!

Until we see the form, it won't be clear precisely what is being requested. I rather assume that direct debit will just be one of the methods of payment available.

It's a utility like any other. It doesn't take insider knowledge to guess that they'll be accepting direct debit, credit card online or cash in shop/post office like all the others. People (not you) get very excited over the strangest of things.

It's a utility like any other. It doesn't take insider knowledge to guess that they'll be accepting direct debit, credit card online or cash in shop/post office like all the others. People (not you) get very excited over the strangest of things.

I think its a bit intrusive that you have to supply your children's ops numbers to pay a utility bill.

Back