Selling hse, UB Tracker Mortgage: waive redemption fee & deed release charges?

airgead07

Hi

I am currently in process of selling my house, I have a trcker with UB. I asked them over the phone is there any possibility they would waive the early repayment of €38 and fee for releasing the deeds of €73 but they said no.

Would it be worth my while putting the request in writing as I am closing a tracker????

Absolutely put it in writing. I would even go as far as meeting with the manager to see if they will knock anything off the balance. Don't ask you won't get.

any thoughts on the wording and content?

will I just use a short & simple will you waive the fee?

Hi

I am currently in process of selling my house, I have a trcker with UB. I asked them over the phone is there any possibility they would waive the early repayment of €38 and fee for releasing the deeds of €73 but they said no.

Would it be worth my while putting the request in writing as I am closing a tracker????

Maybe a dumb question - but why should they waive it? I don't believe Ulster (AKA RBS) is in such a desparate funding position as PTSB et al so why should they incentivise prepayment

Whatever about the release of deeds fee there shouldn't be any fee for an early repayment of a variable rate mortgage which is what a tracker is. AFAIK early repayment fees only kick in on fixed rate mortgages, so check this out with them again.

Back