Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

saucystunner

I rang the C.C today and they said that they will be another few weeks assessing applications for Douglas, Carrigaline and Ballincollig. So it will be June before we hear anything, just seems to be taking forever.

Re: Affordable Housing- Cork County

Hi , i heard that they are ringing people to tell them that they are giving out the houses indouglas on the 1st of july

Seriously?
Wow - would love to get one.

Did anyone hear anymore??

anybody here get an off from county? i,m prayin i do.

Bigbum, Im praying I do too but aven't heard anything as of yet.
Fingers crossed.

I went to ardfield in douglas today to have a peek around the area and all the houses out there looked occupied to me, then i drove down a bit further and a group of about ten houses were all boarded up and had been vandalised with spray paint, lights outside the houses were all smashed up and tiles had been torn from roofs of a couple of them. the area looked pretty shabby in general and has obviosly become an area for anti social behaviour judging by all the broken beer bottles and empty cans of dutch gold.

The county council need to pull the finger out and start allocating these houses pretty quick as they are creating work for themselves by allowing them to just stand there empty and be vandalised when there is people like myself and other users on here desperate for houses. i think its a disgrace.

Hi Bigbum, I cant believe that they have left them get that bad. There's newer houses up the back of Ardfield but I dont know have they been finished yet. I wish they just let us know.

Has anyone here or know of anyone that has got approval in principal for mortgage from one of the three banks that deal with affordable homes and given this approval to the county council. i know city council requested these to be sent in, going from previous threads but have heard nothing from county requesting one. Just wondering if anyone else has?

I haven't heard of anyone. I rang again yest. and was told another few weeks before they will start allocating.

Has anyone here or know of anyone that has got approval in principal for mortgage from one of the three banks that deal with affordable homes and given this approval to the county council. i know city council requested these to be sent in, going from previous threads but have heard nothing from county requesting one. Just wondering if anyone else has?

Do the county Council not do their own mortgages? i.e. not through the banks like the City?

What I did was sent a copy of the approval I got for the City to the County as well just to be sure, but I think they don't use them at all

Anybody heard of anyone that got an offer for Douglas or Carrigaline?

Anybody heard anything about Douglas? I rang them 2day and they have all the assesments done and are starting to call people for interviews?

I haven't got one so hoping that I might get called for the 2nd round?
Does anybody know how it works and kinda chance you would have to be called for a 2nd round. What kinda points would you need to be called?

hey guys i was on to the council today and they said they have had some people in for interviews but have as yet not offered any houses to these people, more supposedly will be called in coming weeks,yet when out in ardfield today i could see some people moving into ones that have been vandalised in past weeks.the interview was basically to assess whether people could afford to repay the mortgage. i was told that the mortage has to be taken with the council as there is no legal agreement in place with the 3 banks that give out affordable housing mortgages, therefore if houses are valued at around the 230k mark savings of around 45k would be needed(which i certainly dont have) as the council only give out a maximum mortgage of 185k. i was depending on the bank to give me a mortgage and using my savings as a deposit and solicitors fees and think its reallu unfair if the county are basing their offers on the people who have the most savings as i and most others pay rent making it virtually impossible to save large amounts monthly.

hey again forgot to mention it was also suggested that people may use the shared ownership scheme to purchase the homes, this obviously might help people who dont have large enough savings but after reading about the shared ownership scheme you can only purchase 40% of the house originally and you rent the rest but if you decide to buy out the councils share after a year or so the remaining 60 % has to be purchased at the market value at the time of purchase,so you are only getting the original 40% at an affordable price. i,m seriously beginning to have doubts about the system they use within the county council and whether they should be able to tell people that the mortgage has to be taken with them especially when the maximum is only 185k.

Hi Bigbum,
That's a total joke if they expect people to have savings of around 45k, I would presume not many people do. Did they tell you what points you got?

got points of 160. think if i get offered only option will be to buy through shared ownership if this is done though none of the banks will refinance an affordable mortgage whether it be from another financial institution or from the council so whoever you initially get your finance from your stuck with them.

Back