Rental car cost for 10 days

thombom

Hi

I am just enquiring does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to rent out a 9 seater car for 10 days 1st week of July. Should I wait till the new year too book or would I get a better deal now.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know where you're looking to hire ? .. If it's in Ireland then my experience rental cars (in Dublin) are normally pretty reasonably priced apart from in August and at Christmas .. even then there's not usually much advantage to booking way in advance if you have to pay upfront.

Most car rental companies have free cancellation on their pay on arrival rates .. so make your booking now if you like the price and then just cancel nearer the time if something better comes up.

Note - If you've got two drivers in your group consider hiring two cars instead of one 9 seater .. You'll find 9 seaters are very expensive generally and it would be considerably cheaper to hire two regular saloon cars. ( Also most 9 seaters wouldn't have much space for luggage if you really put 9 people in them)

Hi

I am just enquiring does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to rent out a 9 seater car for 10 days 1st week of July. Should I wait till the new year too book or would I get a better deal now.

Thanks in advance.
Currently booked for a week in Malta in April and pricing for Croatia in Sptember. Both coming in at about €90 for smallest model.

where you going?

Don't the rental car companies then really complicate pricing when they add in insurance?

We have just rented a 9 seater for France for 2 weeks in August for about €1200. The problem is that there are very few such vehicles available and the sooner you book the better. This figure included over €300 for extra insurance.
I found quotes online up to €2800.
Try the usual sites first and then the sites for the country you are visiting. My site was all in french but the rates were much cheaper than the Irish site for the same rental companies.

Wow that priced in France is steep, but I assume it's as you said due to the vehicle type.

Currently I use car trawel for rentals in Ireland and for the last year or so prices have been unbelievably low.

Because the 'excess' is now so high - 1500€ or thereabouts - we have a separte policy with 'Insure4car hire' to cover this.

Some credit cards also include this (though I'm not sure if Irish credit cards do)

Don't the rental car companies then really complicate pricing when they add in insurance?

Prices usually include Collision Damage Waiver but there is almost always an excess. As Bronte says, you can buy an annual excess policy to cover this. I take no extras from car hire co. and try to get a fuel policy of 'pick up full/return full'. Not always possible though.

We rent a car 5/6 times per year in Spain and always we use www.economycarhire.com. This car rental brokerage operates throughout europe. I have found them to be good. But, from listening to renters of troop-carriers I recommend after confirmation you seek what I call "ultra-confirmation" because especially in Spain it is amazing how many 5 seaters are awaiting people who booked 7 seaters, I kid you not.

Also, take a look on Tripadvisor at whatever company you decide to use within the brokerage. There is one company that appears way beyond the others when it comes to rip-off and appalling service. Unfortunately, this company is well advertised and to be honest I was at the receiving end of their goddawful deeds and they just take the money from your credit card whether you like it or not (they have first call on your credit card after you have collected the car). The company name starts with "F" and ends in "y" so you've gained the benefit of my bad experience.

Booked at the start of January got it for €900 so I am happy out with that. Some of the rental car companies are mental money but if you Rentalcars.com it get you the best price.

Prices usually include Collision Damage Waiver but there is almost always an excess. As Bronte says, you can buy an annual excess policy to cover this. I take no extras from car hire co. and try to get a fuel policy of 'pick up full/return full'. Not always possible though.

Just like to point out that you have to be very careful if you are going to the USA about insurance as even 3rd party might not be included. Insure4carhire has details on it's website.

Back