Statutory declaration of single person that property is not a family home”

Barbara

Hi, I am viewing some legal documents myself for the coming auction, I know should get a solicitor to review them, but I have too many lots I want to bid on, I can not afford ask solicitor to review them all.
Anyway I have read this document saying the following:

“STATUTORY DECLARATION OF SINGLE PERSON THAT PROPERTY IS
NOT A FAMILY HOME”
The Property is not a family home within the meaning of the term for the
purposes of the provisions of the Family Home Protection Act, 1976 as
amended by The Family Law Act 1995.

I am not and never have been married to any person under the law of this or
any other civil or religious jurisdiction and no proceedings have been
instituted or threatened by any person alleging the contrary.

one of the provisions of the Family Law Act, 1981 (hereinafter called "the
Act of 1981 ") apply to the Property because I have not been party to an
agreement to marry which has terminated within the past three years, and no
proceedings of any kind have been threatened or instituted in relation to the
property under any of the provisions of the Act of 198 1.

Could anyone explain what does the above mean?
I would be grateful any help.

Thanks in advance.
B

I have no legal experience but I suspect that the declaration is required to ensure that the consents required under the Family Home Protection act and similar legislation is not required.

"I know should get a solicitor to review them, but I have too many lots I want to bid on, I can not afford ask solicitor to review them all. "

Unless you know what you are doing, you should not buy a property ( or mutiple properties) at auction without having a solicitor reviewing the title.

If you enter into a rubbish contract, to buy a rubbish title that you can never sell again, you have no recourse to anyone. You are free to buy whatever you want.

mf

Totally agree with MF1. While you can take shortcuts in some contracts, buying/selling a property is not one of these. If you make a mistake here the consequences can be costly and lead to titlr problems which will only become evident when you go to register or worse still sell the property. You should sign no legal document in a purchase/sale transaction unless it has been examined and cleared by a legal expert .

Sorry did not make it clear, a solicitor will be involved once the final two properties are selected. No point wasting huge a amount money on 6 or more properties you're interested. All the advices are taken. again never too old to learn. B

That statutory declaration is standard for BTL properties. Look up the net and you see the agreed wording! It's a declaration of the status of the property and no big deal as you will be declaring that it's not a Family Home within the meaning of the Act!

Back