Free Bulmers Pear Sample

Smashbox

[broken link removed]

Get ready to embrace the pear at a pub near you.​

Check out our sampling nights listed.

Click on 'Sampling'

[broken link removed]​

Thanks, Smash. Just checked the Cork venues. I must organise a posse and do a crawl of all the pubs mentioned. ;)

Thanks Smash, just checked for my nearest local and I see they moved Bakers to a different location for the occasion.

ie wrong section of the map was showing

Thanks Smash, just checked for my nearest local and I see they moved Bakers to a different location for the occasion.

ie wrong section of the map was showing

Oh, I didnt notice that,what corner is Bakers on now?

Thanks smashbox, Didnt like Bulmers cider,and Ive heard someone say that the pear one gave them the "runs"!!
Think ill stick with Cashel,( I think thats what its called)its just so hard to get,but my God its the business for those who like cider.

God the old perry debate is proving controversial!

I'd rather drink molten aluminium than Kopparberg.

I tried Bulmer's pear last night - It's drinkable IMO. Probably good with loads of ice, but I do think it's a bit too sweet. Tried a few other perries - can't remember brands - but didn't like many of them at all.

I actually think Ritz is the best of these.

:D

Hope you all enjoy it. Don't think its one for me, I don't like Bulmers so doubt I will like this stuff.

With cider sales down 12pc in Q1 and alcohol sales down a record 13pc in Q1 compared to last year, this pear cider stuff would want to be fairly good ! Is this pear cider only sold in bottles in pubs? Personally always felt that the price of a large bottle of original cider was always at a crazy premium to a pint of draught cider. ( same thing for many beers )

I'm a vodka drinker so really wasn't gonna try it, but I will now so will see :D

Theres no way I could drink a whole bottle. I was in a bar the other night and this guy was drinking it, I asked for a taste and he poured a bit into a glass I got from the bar.:) (Now theres a bargin)

God the old perry debate is proving controversial!

I'd rather drink molten aluminium than Kopparberg.

I tried Bulmer's pear last night - It's drinkable IMO. Probably good with loads of ice, but I do think it's a bit too sweet. Tried a few other perries - can't remember brands - but didn't like many of them at all.

I actually think Ritz is the best of these.

Could not believe Ritz is still out there. Used to drink that when I first went out years ago. It was a (skanger) drink then! Must try it and see if it is as good as I remember!

remember stag? that was a perry as well, wasn't it?.....just right for enjoyment

Last edited:
No, Stag was Cider.

Very Strong dry cider.

Got a Ritz yesterday and it was not as bad as I remember, or else I have just now become immune to the taste of alcohol.

Back