LPT: Return On Line, Can you register with out neccessarily paying immediately?

Hans

When I try and register my returns for Properties on Line one of the questions is 'Do you want to pay now' but doesn't give you an option only a drop down options that asks you for your payment details.

I rang the helpline and spoke to different people and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I might as well have asked the cat they didn't know what I was speaking about. Even though I have to make my returns by the end of May I don’t have to Pay until July why should I give my details now. In my opinion 'another fine mess'.

When my daughter got her notice of return it was for my home address and not hers in another city I cant even imagine how that could happen as she hasn't lived here for 10 years.

Sorry but my question is does anyone else know how I can register without paying yet.

Thank you Sahd I had sorted out my daughters ownership and didn't find it made it any clearer for me and eventually got talking to supervisor that clarified it for me (not that I still agree with the way it is set out) but I think it's a bit cheeky of revenue the way they have done it as this is not explained on line I was talking to neighbour that thought that by giving their debit card details that it would not be taken until July but now looks they have use of her money until then. I wont be filing until nearer the time I'm slow in giving them my bank details until I need to!

I have completed the online return, however, I opted to pay by laser - from above posts I believe this is processed straight away?
I have a few questions:
I don't believe when completing the return I received the following screens during the process as described on Revenues website?

Review Screen
Acknowledgement Screen
Once I completed payment that was it!

Have people received an email acknowledging submission? I did not receive an email yet!

Also, from with REvenues detailed booklet and online information, there is still no contact email to answer such questions. Does anyone have an email address to contact revenue on for such questions.

Also, Revenue ask for persons tax residency status when completing the online return and associated foreign tax number, why is such detail relevant in making a return?

I paid online, payment was taken from my account 3 days later - no acknowledgement in any form from our Lords and Masters!! I don't think they thought through the process that far - they were just thinking about collecting, not about receipting! I have documentary evidence of my payment, so they can buzz off!!!!!

I registered online but realising there was no option to allow for paying them by cheque after 1 July I selected the option of paying monthly by one of the service providers,

I'm pretty sure if I ring them up in July and tell them I've changed my mind and want to give it all to them in a cheque they will find some way to accept my money.

Does anyone know ,however, what the service providers eg An Post and Paypoint charge?

Back