BUPA...Wasting money.

S

SlurrySlump

Got TWO final demand letters from BUPA in connection with my annual premium yesterday, despite having paid this three weeks ago, and for which I received a paid receipt two weeks ago. Both final demand letters were simple A4 sized letters placed in large window A4 envelopes plus a 60c stamp on both. Why could BUPA not have used a standard sized envelope and 48c stamp?

Also when I got my paid receipt two weeks ago it came in an envelope marked postage paid but someone had put a 48c stamp on top of the postage paid stamp. In effect the postage was paid twice.

And this crowd have just looked for an 8% increase in my premiums. What a waste of money.

Interesting. I got this sort of poor service from VHI but have always found BUPA excellent in comparison (in relation to claims, renewals, billing and generally responding to queries often by email).

I would have expected BUPA to use metered post which might mean that large envelopes are delivered at a discount to the normal rates?

You should write to them and complain.

Frank.

Sorry, when I was referring to stamps I meant to say "franked" stamps.

Re: Frank.

Just a thought...possibly the "postage paid" envelope was one printed for use in the UK but not applicable here?

I got a job in the post room. It's a dos.

Written on the envelope were the words. Postas ioctha.
Ceadunas M1020.

Re: I got a job in the post room. It's a dos.

Fair enough

Re: I got a job in the post room. It's a dos.

If you do write to them to compain, make sure you use one of their pre-paid envelopes!

No response

Well, I sent them an email, asking them to ring me back. So far nobody has bothered. I left VHI to move to these guys because I thought that they would offer a better service.

Re: No response

When did you email them? I usually heard back from them within 48 hours by email.

Back