E-Readers and security at Dublin Airport.

Laramie

Do you have to take e-readers out of your carry on case when going through security at Dublin Airport?

Do you have to take e-readers out of your carry on case when going through security at Dublin Airport?

Not sure if you have to, but I did so before being asked, last week. As well as a tablet and the phone.

The flight crew referred to Kindles in the list of things you can't be doing when the seat belt light is lit.

Yes you do. A friend of mine had bought one the day before he went on holidays, he put it in bin for screening at airport and forgot to reclaim and didn't realise until he was on plane. Rang Dublin Airport lost property when he arrived abroad and they had it and had to pay €6 to reclaim when he returned from holidays.

I have never had to remove my Kindle from my hand-luggage in Dublin Airport, however, I have had to do so in other airports including Heathrow and Schipol

I guess it will the norm in all airports before long

Went through Dublin and Frankfurt airports in recent weeks, and had to take my Kindle out of the hand-luggage in both places.

Back