Flying to Canada via Charles de Gaulle

wbbs

Anyone any experience of flying from Ireland to Canada through CDG? It's either that or Heathrow, price is cheaper to go through CDG rather than Heathrow and even though flight longer the waiting in airport time is shorter, hopefully not too short!

Presumably the flight through CDG is on Air France all the way ? .. Watch out for short connections.. they'll sometimes book you on connections that are less than 1 hour .. this is a recipe for at least your bags, and probably you missing the connection if anything goes slightly wrong .. go for a slightly longer connection , especially on the flight out where they may only have one flight a day to your final destination so missing the connection would be inconvenient (on the way back less likely to be an issue as they've got multiple flights a day from CDG-DUB so if you did miss the booked flight you'd probably just get put on the next one)

Other than that it's okay .. transferring at CDG isn't too much hassle at all .. the Dublin flight will usually be parked a distance from the terminal and then you'll be bussed to the terminal which can be quite a distance.. but once there I think you'll arrive at the same terminal (2E) that your flight to Canada would depart from.

Have to agree, you should ideally have 90mins at CDG.

I flew out to Amman a few years back, ok going out as 3 hour connection but on the way home, I had only a 60 minute connection and the first flight was delayed and I missed the connection.

As stated above, coming back is not so bad and I got another flight 3 hours later, however if this had happened on the outbound flight, I would have had to wait 24 hours for the next flight to Amman.

Back