Mouse in house

M

MarySmyth

Mouse in house- first time ever- appears to be in ceiling/ under bedroom floor and came out into bedroom- expect he went back underneath floor! Any suggestions- bought 2 traps, but no move and not heard him yet...

Mouse in house- first time ever- appears to be in ceiling/ under bedroom floor and came out into bedroom- expect he went back underneath floor! Any suggestions- bought 2 traps, but no move and not heard him yet...
If it's definitely a rodent, bait the trap with fried mince, bolognese is ideal, or a bit of sausage. It will get him in no time.

Put the trap on a large sheet of newspaper and when the offender is caught fold the paper over from the corners, this makes 'the removal' easier.

I doubt you've got one solitary mouse.

I got rid of mice a few years back by using humane mouse traps (ones I made myself). It was quite interesting trying out new ideas and being outfoxed by the mice. When I did catch them, they were amazing little things. I rehoused them outside, so I hope they went to better homes and didn't just die.

I doubt you've got one solitary mouse.

I got rid of mice a few years back by using humane mouse traps (ones I made myself). It was quite interesting trying out new ideas and being outfoxed by the mice. When I did catch them, they were amazing little things. I rehoused them outside, so I hope they went to better homes and didn't just die.

:) they are a tiny bit cute but they're also rather smelly, noisy and have bad toilet manners. I caught about 10 of them this autumn in traps. They love oat flakes, chocolate and marzipan.

I caught one with my bare hands in someone else's house too recently. Lucky catch. The cuteness factor nearly got to me and i was thinking of just releasing him outside. But he would probably have just came back inside. So i killed him, as humanly as possible. But i felt terrible after and said a small prayer for him.

Why did you have to kill him? :( You could have walked a distance from the house and released him then.

once the mouse is hungry and he always is, he will succumb to the lure of the bait in the trap.

I just zap a small crust of white bread in microwave for 10 seconds, fix it on the the trap, wooden or metal ones. the bread hardens quickly and mouse won't pull it off. always works for me.

was plagued by mice in our new build kitchen, caught about a dozen. was getting fed up of droppings and putting traps down. I cut off their entry points, there were gaping holes around pipework/skirting behind kitchen units, so I sealed all the gaps with whatever I had at hand, unused tile grout, polyfilla etc. I spent one Saturday doing it, time consuming moving the units in and out but it did the job. no mice now in 3 years. I also use a plug in mouse repeller although it didn't appear to deter them before I sealed the holes up.

caught about 8 this autumn. used spring traps with a small bit of cooked sausage with peanutbutter on it. also set down some mouse poison which was taken. we've had no activity since. I felt bad as one of the traps only half caught one and I had to finish him off. he was squealing in the trap the poor devil.
I nearly gave up on the traps but they do work and they are cheap. I also bought some plug ins but in my opinion they are not much good.

majee

caught about 8 this autumn. used spring traps with a small bit of cooked sausage with peanutbutter on it. also set down some mouse poison which was taken. we've had no activity since. I felt bad as one of the traps only half caught one and I had to finish him off. he was squealing in the trap the poor devil.
I nearly gave up on the traps but they do work and they are cheap. I also bought some plug ins but in my opinion they are not much good.

majee

There's no doubt those spring traps work, but I just could not bring myself to use them. If they don't instantly kill the mouse, it could be in there for hours in agony.

Back