Air Transat to Toronto and American Holidays

ophelia

This airline flies direct to Toronto from Dublin - has anybody used them - American Holidays in Duke St use them. Has anybody used the airline or the company?

I used Air Transat a couple of years ago and thought they were pretty good. They fly direct Dublin to Toronto Pearson International which is only 20mins by taxi from downtown Toronto. From what I remember, CIE tours use them as well and a friend who worked in Tour America said that they also used them.

I found by booking directly with the airline to be cheaper as well www.airtransat.ie

Thank you RonanC, that sounds very promising. Would you have any recommendations by any chance, regarding hotels / holiday apartments etc. in Toronto?

I flew Airtransat twice to Canada, found them great.I don't like Air Canada. I was last there at a conference in 2008 and we stayed in the university accomodation in downtown Toronto. Found it cheapish, basic, but very central, and great breakfasts! I can't recall the name of the place, but it was right beside Eglington square. They were renovating it, so it might well be re-opened now. There are some hotels down on the waterfront, near "front" street. This is very central as well, near business & entertainment districts. Personally tho, I would prefer somewhere nearer the University/Eglington square area. It's a bit quieter. The centre of Toronto is very walkable too, and the transport system is good. If your thinking about going to Montreal, check out flights with Air Transat too or alternatives too. The train journey is both long and expensive.

Thank you RonanC, that sounds very promising. Would you have any recommendations by any chance, regarding hotels / holiday apartments etc. in Toronto?

Stayed in Bond Place Hotel just off Dundas Sq, excellent location, clean, cheap and cheerful hotel, but as location was key for me, I didnt really mind where I was staying as long as it was clean and didnt cost a fortune.

Stayed in Bond Place Hotel just off Dundas Sq, excellent location, clean, cheap and cheerful hotel, but as location was key for me, I didnt really mind where I was staying as long as it was clean and didnt cost a fortune.

I stayed in this place too RonanC.. Basic but nice and very near the city centre.

I also stayed in the Bond, as said basic but very convenient. Breakfast of Mrs Fields cookies in the Eaton Centre just across the road.

I also stayed in the Holiday Inn on King, much better hotel but further from centre, not that bad though as King St runs parallel with Queen St where the trams are so no problem get around.

Flew with Transat too, no problems, bus service from airport that drops off at major hotels, very reasonable.

Back