Flight Attendant with Ryanair

dewdrop

A friend is applying for this position. Apart from the general advice regarding interviews is there any aspect she should focus on or being fully informed of for the interview.

I'm guessing the silence is because everyone fainted in shock at the query ;)

I think one thing to establish is whether or not she will be working for Ryanair itself. As I understand it, the flight attendants generally do not work for Ryanair from the off. I think they still have an option after a period of time to join Ryanair itself but at first they would be working for an agency.

Some details here
http://corporate.ryanair.com/careers/cabin-crew-recruitment/

and also here (the recruiters/trainers Ryanair use)
[broken link removed]

and these guys
http://www.crewlink.ie/en

You pay for the training they provide and the uniforms so I wouldn't get too excited about the joiners allowance.

(Fees are €500 registration, accommodation fees and course fees... it is a pretty sizeable chunk of cash and outweighs the joiners allowance considerably)

Last edited:
I would be afraid to tell you all I know(seeing eyes and all that).

Tell your friend to run for the hills. PM me if you need to know more.

I would be afraid to tell you all I know(seeing eyes and all that).

Tell your friend to run for the hills. PM me if you need to know more.

To counter that I have a close friend who's working for them as a flight attendant for over eight years and she really likes them as a company (I was surprised) and finds them supportive.

Many thanks So-Crates for all that information. I note one of the requirements is "able to swim". A rather odd requirement for an airline!

Many thanks So-Crates for all that information. I note one of the requirements is "able to swim". A rather odd requirement for an airline!

Why? They are responsible for passenger safety and as such should be able to swim in case of a crash landing on water etc.
I would be surprised if they didn't have to swim.

Same reason planes come with lifejackets dewdrop :) Trainees definitely get a dunking (have a look at the photos in the Training Centre Gallery on the Crewlink page for an idea of what they have to do)

Thanks for all the replies. It was stupid of me to highlight the requirement to be able to swim. I just did not want to think of such a situation.

I believe you are only paid for the flights you actually work. you are not paid for sitting by the phone waiting on that call to report for duty, which can make balancing the budget quite a struggle, not to mind paying back the training costs.

Back