Key Post Bank of Ireland/ICS now allow you move and keep your tracker for 5 years

Ulster Bank's offering is much the same so I'd be interested to see the take up there. I'd say it's much the same or worse than BOI.
I'm with Ulster Bank on a tracker and I'm hoping to love in the future but would move tomorrow if they changed the tracker offering from 5 years to the full term.

I'm with Ulster Bank on a tracker and I'm hoping to love in the future but would move tomorrow if they changed the tracker offering from 5 years to the full term.

Don't ever let your mortgage rate affect your love life.

The current campaign to highlight and reduce the SVR is getting a bit of traction. If it's successful, the gap between the SVR and the Tracker +1% will be a lot less.

And after 5 years on a tracker, you will have reduced the capital anyway

So it should not be a barrier to moving ( or loving)

Brendan

Touche, damn these fat fingers. Good point but if there was any hope of Ulster Bank changing the terms I'd hold out. I'm not in a huge rush to move or love for that matter.

Well we are one of the 400 approved and unable to find the right home. As for feedback on the product that I have provided to BOI the 5 year limit compared to others is a big minus.

Same as that. I'm another 1 of the 400. Just can't find a house
A killer to give up the tracker, but can't wait forever.

It's unlikely that UB will change the terms. They were more generous - too generous in my opinion - and they have since tightened them.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

400 is a tiny figure and likely a very small of people with boi trackers. Clearly not everyone wants to or even can part with the tracker, I wonder how it compares to AIB or EBS which had better terms?

MAJJ

Here are the figures for ptsb

Ger Mitchell: 95 customers worth €15m have moved in 5 months.

It takes 150 days for approval, to sell, to buy, and draw down.
We are ahead of where we thought we would be.

Back