RANT: Letting Agents - What part of "No agents please" do these guys not understand?

biggerry

I've let out a couple of properties that I own since the start of the summer using DAFT. While things are certainly slower than they were a couple of years ago, I priced the properties competitively and let them successfully. At the end of each ad, I put "No agents please".

For each property I advertised, I'd say I got 3 or 4 calls and some texts from agents saying they had "referenced tenants" ready to move into to a property similar to what I was renting.

What part of "No agents please" do these guys not understand??

Re: RANT: Letting Agents - Can they understand English??

They don't understand the ''NO'' they censor them and read as ''AGENTS PLEASE''...

Just ignore it...whatelse you can do??

Re: RANT: Letting Agents - Can they understand English??

A pain but just ignore, they will always take their chances though.

Re: RANT: Letting Agents - What part of "No agents please" do these guys not understa

In fairness, I let a property a while ago & got several of these calls. They tend to indicate they have a specific person, wheras in reality, they just wanted to get a key so they could show it if they had someone arrive on their doorstep & put up an advert in their window.

I always said I would meet with them & the prospective tenant (if they had one!!) & if their client took the place, I would pay them their commission. The property would have been at the higher end of the market (not exactly typical Daft material).

An agent got us a fantastic tenant (really did have someone who was suitable) who rented the place for a year & left the place in perfect condition. I rarely use agents & would never let them completely lose on any of my property, but I managed to keep some control on the situation & also vet the tenant.

Long & the short of it, you may not want to completely write them off, especially in such tough times - just don't hand over the keys to them!!

Re: RANT: Letting Agents - What part of "No agents please" do these guys not understa

I've found a fair few of them to be very underhand though. On two occassions, they haven't identified themselves as agents until the turned up at the flat.

Needless to say, I didn't partake of their service offering

Back