Credit Card annual € 30 charge

Daddy

With Danske and have a Mastercard. The annual $30 charge due to be applied in early April. Have recently applied and received a Tesco credit card and activated it but not used it as yet. Surely if I cancel the Mastercard now at Danske i will not incur a charge of 30 euro and again on the Tesco one or how does it work or wht should I do to ensure i'm not charged twice. Thanks

Danske bank credit card will charge you €30 government duty, as the charge applied on 1st April (or when you close the account) is for the preceding year. Request Danske bank to issue you with a letter of closure which is evidence that the duty is paid 2/4/2013 to 1/4/2014 and you can forward this to your new card company so the charge will not be applied twice or if it is applied they will be in a position to refund it on sight of the letter. If you new card is not issuing until after 1st April then the charge will be applied on 1/4/2015 for the preceding year. More info here
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...es_and_vat/stamp_duty_on_financial_cards.html

As mentioned the €30 will be charge on closure of your Danske account. You will also be liable for the €30 charge on your new card as it has been issued prior to April 1st.

Sorry Fandango 1 but are you disagreeing with Margaret and saying I will have to pay twice.

Would be interested to know about this too? Daddy how did you get on.
I currently have a credit card statement from Danske with a 30.00 stamp duty amount. Just got this from Danske! I also have a new PTSB card - ordered and used before the 1 april. I spoke to Danske today, and the girl may have misinformed me, but she thought I would be paying both? Ive not paid either yet, as Im not paying twice. Unable to talk PTSB today, as their customer service line appears to be not working!.

Ull get a letter off A on closing account , which you send to B on opening new account, you only pay once if cards dont operlap. I paid my last 30euro last month as found one can manage with a cc.

Back