Weekend abroad in september

CMK

We hope to abroad for 3/4 nights in September.

We are looking for a nice relaxing place preferably with a beach, not a huge distance from the airport, the main things being relaxation, nice weather with good food and wine! The first country that comes to my mind is France but we keep going to France and want to go somewhere different - maybe Spain?

Any suggestions apart from France would be welcome.

We were thinking of Malaga - I know many people just pass through Malaga but has anyone been there for a weekend - is a nice city for a few nights?

Any suggestions would be welcome. We have been to Barcelona.

Many thanks

Hello CMK, We have been on five day trips to Malaga in the past two years when staying in Torremolinos for shopping and a walk around and it is a lovely city, It is like any of the big cities in europe we have been to regarding places to see and places to eat, I have no idea what it is like regarding a few nights stay, That said if your looking for relaxation and being close to a beach and easy access to Malaga and Malaga airport then I would suggest Torremolinos and the don pablo hotel, We fly in to Malaga airport and get the direct train to Torremolinos in 15 minutes, The taxi from there if you are not up for walking is a seven euro fare to the hotel and it is more or less on the beach , The walks are superb and there is a large choice of restaurants along the way, What sold it to me was if you wanted to stay by the beach you can or if you wanted to get the train to Malaga for the day you can do that also and the trains run every twenty minutes from Torremolinos to Malaga and the airport.

Malaga is a great city , there is a huge selection of restaurants & bars both in the city & in the nearby port area which has undergone a spectacular facelift.

The Cathedral is pretty special & the Picasso & Thyssen museums are well worth a visit .

The hotel rates in September should be fairly competitive too.

thanks for replies - its looking like we will go to Malaga city for the weekend as it seems to have everything. Flights are pretty expensive but will keep an eye on them so here's hoping we get a good deal. If anyone has any suggestions on hotels I would be grateful.....many thanks

Hotel Molina Lario - central , nice rooms & a great breakfast with excellent staff.

Exiting the dining room/ bar brings you directly on to the main restaurant area , the Reserva 12 is a great restaurant.

The room mate Larios is also a great central option.

What about Salou, Spain. Fly into Reus with Ryanair (lovely small airport, less hassle), or Barcelona (bit further away with Aer Lingus), lots of great hotels, e.g. Las Vegas, Salauris Palace, Salou Princess, Regina Gran, Delfin Park to name only a few. Nice places to visit, Cambrils, Barcelona, Tarragona, only a boat/train/train journey away. 2 (expensive) theme parks, but lots of other things to do. Lots of places for good food, only 2 hour flight.....

First thing to do is get out the Ryanair map and see where you can go to that ticks all the boxes for you. And that you can afford. And that the flights are at a reasonable time - this is very important when you've only a couple of days. Barcelona sounds the best option I think. It's easy to fly into and I think the beach is not too far from the city. Otherwise Marbella. I wouldn't go too far as that eats into your holiday time.

Hi. "We" means just 2 adults (No kids)? Age profile? Not asking for sake of discussion but it would effect any recommendations I would make.

its between Verona in Italy or Malaga in Spain. A friend suggested Tallinn in Estonia but not sure if there is enough to do there for four nights.

CMK

We hope to abroad for 3/4 nights in September.

We are looking for a nice relaxing place preferably with a beach, not a huge distance from the airport, the main things being relaxation, nice weather with good food and wine!

Palma, Mallorca would seem to tick most of your boxes

I agree with Alidee flying into Rues going to Tarragona or cambrils . Have been to both places 4-5 times and loved them .

Back