PTRB Re-Registration Required?

Nutso

Hi All,

Last year, we rented our house to 2 couples. One couple decided to go travelling at the beginning of this month and the other couple wanted to stay, so got 2 friends of theirs to move in.

Do I now have to re-register the tenancy with the PTRB or is it possible to do a name change? The four original tenant names would be on the original application.

Thanks,
Nutso

What is an update?TOP

If there is a change in one of the particulars of the tenancy after it has been registered with the PRTB this is considered to be an update to a tenancy.
For example, if some of the tenants are replaced by new tenants (but at least one of the tenants remain in the rented property) then this would be considered an update to an existing tenancy.
No fee is payable when providing an update of tenancy details.

https://www.prtb.ie/faq.aspx#Q12

It is possible to do a change of the tenancy but there is a charge. Our tenant was leaving and the tenancy agreement was in her name only but her sister was staying on so we had to change the tenancy, we were charged for the change and we were also charged as they have a 4 year tenancy registration charge, i was surprised as they said we had to re register our tenant every 4 years !!!!! even if it was the same tenant. A rip off if you ask me. The sister has just left our place and i logged on to register our new tenant and they could not find our details, so i have to register again. Amazing thought they can find them when they are looking for money !!!!

Thanks for that info guys, honestly I did look on the website so I don't know how I missed it twofor1!!

Glynner, I think we should be okay as two of the tenants names will be remaining the same, so it should qualify for an update without charge.

The sister has just left our place and i logged on to register our new tenant and they could not find our details, so i have to register again.

Do you mean that the registration of a tenant does not exist in the system? Did you not get a confirmation at the time?

Do you mean that the registration of a tenant does not exist in the system? Did you not get a confirmation at the time?
It is the tenancy that is registered not the tenant, although the tenants' names are held in the registry.

Therefore a lease for one year lasts for one year irrespective of the number of tenants that pass through (by assignment) the on the same lease agreement.

A Part 4 lease lasts for up to 4 years and the one fee covers four years.

Hi Bronte

I forgot my log in details and phoned them, so gave address of property and our pps numbers but all they could see was the PPS number but no details of property!!! so i was told to register again, I give up with this board as i have very little faith with their system. the last time i dealt with them was to give the sisters details when the first person left.

Back