Competitve FX rates.

Drakon

I need to bring money from the US to Ireland in a number of batches, each a five figure sum. The plan is to use the normal EFT process.
I assume my Irish bank should offer me a better exchange rate than the figure normally quoted? And if I "shop around", one bank may be able to give me a better rate than another?

Why would you use the standard EFT process for those kind of money, you will be loosing massive amounts of money.

You better check the various threads here for an FX broker service like transferwise, trasnfermate etc which will offer you a way better return.

Now giving that you are saying five figures you will safe a lot over standard EFT process however please remember that you will be needing to fill out paperwork for both the IRS and Irish Revenue for those amounts.

Moneycorp recently opened an office in Dublin, they are around a long time, try them, regulated by the FSA.

Why would you use the standard EFT process for those kind of money, you will be loosing massive amounts of money.

Oh yeah? I hadn't realised this. What sort of percentages are we talking?

The US account is a stock broker, the Irish account a bank.

Back