Life Picking one company over another

A

adam_net

Newbie here to life cover.
If 12€ and irish Iife are both offering same prevmium for total amount and # of years, how do I decide which company to go with?
Is there small print?
Like health, car insurance, is there sneaky stuff hidden in the cost?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what u mean by "12€".
Is good value out there for life cover at moment but u need to consider rationale ( duration/amount/affordability) for cover not just x€s offer. E.G. Online cover avail of €100K for 10yrs for 30yo male for €15, assuming no health issues. Is what it says on tin!

But just like buying a car ...get basic motor-on-the-road but pay more for extras.

Lot of assumptions but as a broker I usually go with the Life office offering the cheapest Life Assurance. Most of them have children cover of between €4,000 - €7,000 as a "free" cover, but Life cover is Life cover. . If you die, a lump sum goes to your estate . .

You have nothing to lose by using an Independant Financial adviser (ask them to price pledge cheapest price in the marketplace) and for copy of the quote. You dont pay anymore and will get more impartial advice then you would going directly to a bank/Life office.

Are benefits not important? i would think that you have to look at that over and against price.My critical illness policy was €1 odd per month over another co. but had about 10 more illnesses covered.

Are benefits not important? i would think that you have to look at that over and against price.My critical illness policy was €1 odd per month over another co. but had about 10 more illnesses covered.

I was only addressing adam_net's question on Life Cover.

You are correct about Serious/Critical Illness cover. Differant companies cover differant things and sometimes there could be more benefits on a policy in the same company in comparison to older ones.

Incidentally, the current companies offering the most superior Illness cover in the market place will price match (with a broker) with their competitors, so in that instance a person will get the benefit of the cheapest cost in the marketplace and the most superior Illness benefit.

Back