Current aer lingus offers

Harry31

How can aer lingus put up an ad today saying Cork to Malaga €79.99 June & Cork to Alicante €85.99 June, when I looked at the fares for June to both places cheapest flight, without extras €131 & €111. Misleading advertising surely?

I don't think I've ever seen an ad for Aer Lingus without an asterik and further down the terms and conditions. Which usually include limited seats at that price, restrictions on what days, etc. I didn't see that particular ad on their website just now but they have one offer for flights to Europe up - it's for travel between July and October even though it's to be booked by 16 June though, so June flights wouldn't be included in that.

Edited to add: sorry, just looked further down their page and see what you're talking about. They do say "from 85.99". Could be those really cheap flights really are just gone that quickly.

I look at their prices daily to a number of destinations over a selection of dates. One thing that I have learned about Aer Lingus is not to trust any of their sale offers. Their prices have gone very expensive. Looking at flights to Palma it is actually cheaper on certain dates to book a travel package with a travel agent than pay their prices.

This is just one of the reasons I have avoided Aer Lingus for years - its misleading advertising is disgraceful.
I also don't know of any other national flag carrier that behaves like a low-cost airline in quite the same way as Aer Lingus.
Plus in the 15 years I've been regularly flying Ireland-UK I have NEVER found them cheaper than Ryanair who, of course,don't suffer the disruptions to their service caused by endless industrial disputes.

I've used both Aer Lingus and Ryanair for the past 10 years to travel to visit grandkids in UK, Holland. Overall, the prices are better with Ryanair, and for the past couple of years, the service is exactly the same. So, it's just a case of finding the best price from each airline - there is no differenciator - specially now that the AL cabin crew still seem to think they're special!!!

Aer Lingus Sale!!

I have been monitoring flight prices to Venice for September 2014 quite regularly since Feb 14. Last time I check, a few weeks ago, return for 2 pax inSeptember, Saturday to Sat. was €720 at 'plus' rate, today same flights priced at €1022. Hahahahaha!:D Sale indeed!

I have been monitoring flight prices to Venice for September 2014 quite regularly since Feb 14. Last time I check, a few weeks ago, return for 2 pax inSeptember, Saturday to Sat. was €720 at 'plus' rate, today same flights priced at €1022. Hahahahaha!:D Sale indeed!

Yet flights to Venice Treviso plus a cheap,fast coach connection to Venice for September works out at between €40-€80 pp each way.
I often use the service to pop down to Venice for a long weekend to take in a rugby match.

It's a no-brainer really.

Yet flights to Venice Treviso plus a cheap,fast coach connection to Venice for September works out at between €40-€80 pp each way.
I often use the service to pop down to Venice for a long weekend to take in a rugby match.

It's a no-brainer really.

Yeah...flights with Ryanair ad up to €432 incl 2 check-in bags but fly out 1 day before and return 2 days later than we need, although 3 nights in Venice would not be a chore!

I cannot figure out the maths behind the latest "latest" offers from Aer Lingus. Looking this morning I gave up after a while as well as being "timed out" when I had only just started the process.....and I know my way around the site at this stage.

I must say I have got good offers, last Nov got 2 return + 1 suitcase (never mastered travelling light) for €260 to Lanzerote. Don't see anything close at the moment. Are they getting around legislation by quoting 'flight' prices without the fees etc? I didn't think that was allowed anymore. Gonna keep looking though!

I have been looking at Nice. If you compare Aer Lingus V Ryanair to the same airport, Aer Lingus are coming in at nearly twice the cost on certain dates. Why?

Ended up booking with lowcost holidays to hotel in Alvor for Sept. Aer Lingus flights (better times than Ryan air) B & B in hotel €1007 for the week for the 2 of us - including transfers & suitcase. Was pleased with it. No insurance as we have annual holiday insurance.

Ended up booking with lowcost holidays to hotel in Alvor for Sept. Aer Lingus flights (better times than Ryan air) B & B in hotel €1007 for the week for the 2 of us - including transfers & suitcase. Was pleased with it. No insurance as we have annual holiday insurance.

Did you see if you could have done it cheaper with a DIY holiday to the same place?

Back