keep or get rid of beard for interview?

Keizer Soze said:
You cant have a beard in the Guards either
I always thought this was the case also, that Guards 'on the beat' (all eight of them) couldn't have beards, Detectives and Branch being a different matter. Also I thought that Army Privates couldn't have beards. I suspect that Firemen can't have beards. Just say 'No' to beards.

I had a manager a few years ago who said he would never hire a man with a pony tail. This was when such appendages were de rigeur among IT staff.

I've had a beard since my teens and have never had a problem; indeed, the last time I applied for a job was in 1976. Every job I moved to after that was as a result of being approached by an employer.

My job prospects and total remuneration have improved dramatically since I grew stubble. Is this correlation or causality!? :confused:

So the jury is still out . It looks as if it will be a hung jury , some people feel it makes no difference and some think it will.
I do feel that if i had a scruffy beard that it would make a difference however now after last nights trim down to (3mm ) if it does not grow back and look good i would be better off without it , but the wheels turn slowly in the public service and i wont have that particular problem .

Going to an interview with stubble would be a big mistake as it would look like i was too lazy to even shave that morning and that would not be an impression i would like to give .

Also I thought that Army Privates couldn't have beards
But people with private armies often do...strange that.
I think there is a public perception in some places and with some people that beards= trade unions= militancy
Surly this would be a positive when going for a public sector job?

Back