123.ie September savings

PaddyW

Just got an email from 123.ie thought i'd share it with you.

Home insurance Save up to 200 euro guaranteed and get 10% off when you purchase online. Special promo code to use 123save

Travel insurance get 10% off with promo code summer08

Offers end 30th September.

Home insurance Save up to 200 euro guaranteed and get 10% off when you purchase online. Special promo code to use 123save
I tried it with and without the code and the difference was about €30. Where does the alleged €200 saving come from?!

To be honest Clubman, I don't know where this saving comes from. It was just written in the email they sent me.

Last edited:
it does say 'up to'
small print: *Home insurance offer applies to new customers & owner occupied only

it does say 'up to'
small print: *Home insurance offer applies to new customers & owner occupied only
Yes - I fit both categories and can see now way to get more than a c. €30 discount on the normal quote. "Save up to €200 guaranteed" could cover savings of €0!

They have me hounded with phone calls, to get me to renew for another year. Must be a sign of the times.

My house insurance is due for renewal. Tried above with code but the quote I got not the best. Getcover.com came out way best followed by Zurich. Has anybody else searched for quotes and has anybody any experience of claiming from getcover.com?

In case it's of any use 123.ie are still looking promising for me regardless of my skepticism about the offer mentioned above. See here.

Did you have a renewal quote above the 123.ie quote? If so then they will match the quote and give you another €100 back. See here. I'm not sure if they'll take a new quote (e.g. the LA Brokers one) as opposed to a renewal quote. I suspect not.

Lucanman, my house insurance is up and I had a look at the LA site - its actually the same as the Getcover site, who I went with in the end.

I tried 123 and they offered me €40 off my existing policy but getcover were way cheaper ni the end.

After I got a quote I rang and spoofed them that i had a better dela elsewhere and got an extra discount of about €15.

I went on LA Brokers website and got quoted €142. 123.ie were quoting €168.00 for slightly less coverage, but dropped to €150.00. Not great, not bad though.

I went on LA Brokers website and got quoted €142. 123.ie were quoting €168.00 for slightly less coverage, but dropped to €150.00. Not great, not bad though.
In this case you probably should have been able to get 123.ie to match the lower €142 quote from LA Brokers and then get a further €100 refund making it a net €42!

Try www.LABrokers.ie - I got a very good deal for home insurance WITH acciental cover included.
To give you an idea for same specifications for house & contents cover
Buildings 280K & contents 70K.

123.ie - €339

I just got recently home insurance from 123.ie for buidling 300k, content the same as yours and including AD (internal and external) for € 317 - so you really need to make sure you got the timing right ;)

the guy from 123.ie said that due to the financial market situation prices can go up or down any time.

Surprisingly enough, they wouldn't do that for me!
Why? They do require you to send in the renewal quote from another broker/underwriter that is for "comparable" cover. Maybe "higher" cover compared to what they are offering doesn't count? They did it for me though. Just got the two €100 cheques yesterday.

Well, didn't email them the quote.. Just one I got online from LA Brokers. Perhaps I will do this now though..

Hmm, just checked labrokers again.. price gone to 152.. will take the 150 on offer from 123!

Clubman
Just tried to email [email protected] with my renewal quote from them and a copy of a quote from getcover ( which is a lot less ).
Got a message back saying email is undeliverable.
Is this the email address you used or did you contact them by phone

Back