Motor Car Insurance-step back no claims bonus v. full no claims bonus protection???

H

Hippykitten

Hi all,

Renewing my car insurance. I am happy with my quotes but dont know what the above options entail. The quote for the former is e355 and the latter is e386. I am a female driver & have over 5 years of a no claims bonus (if that is of any relevance) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stepback bonus protection will reduce your no claim bonus by a certain percentage (usually 20 or 30%) after a claim, which in turn will increase you premium. Full bonus protection will usually allow you to have a number of claims either unlimited or up to a set amount without losing your bonus. Policies differ between companies however, so make sure to read the small print. Also note that even though your bonus may not be affected after a claim with full bonus protection, a claim will still be noted against you, which may prevent you from moving companies in subsequent years.

www.powerinsurances.ie

I wouldn't be without bonus protection to be honest - it takes long enough to build it up and it doesn't cost that much

Back