Motor Anybody heard of Kenco insurance?

chispa

Hi there,

My 62 year old aunt is renewing her car insurance. She's been with Axa since 1974, but was always on a policy with her mother previously, so she never thought to question why her premiums were so high. Now that her mother's no longer driving the car, she's thought to change her provider. As you can imagine, myself and my siblings are egging her on.

I called around a few places and managed to get her quote down from E570 to 320. She doesn't use internet or the phone much, and so it means a lot to her to work with a company who have an office she can call into. She prefers to pay for things in person, in cash.

The best quote I got was also, happily, from the broker who she went through to get her house insurance, in a town not far from where she lives (can't remember name of brokerage, they're in Birr, JJ something). They offered to insure her for 310. When I asked them who provided the cover, they said Kenco (at least that's what I heard). She's really happy with the price, and also the convenience of sticking with the one company she knows. Does anybody know anything about this provider? Although she doesn't drive a lot (mainly to the nursing home to visit my gran), I don't want to saddle her with a provider that's not going to deliver for her if anything happens.

Thanks.

Sorry - didn't get to this yesterday. @ Peteb: Brutal how? Did you have a bad experience? This is precisely the sort of thing I was concerned about.

Thanks

Hi chispa, I'm claiming through KennCo at the minute, they were quite slow to send a loss adjustor out at the start but have been grand since! No problems at all with them.

I've had some dealings with them, I'd echo what Jimbobp says.

I think the same people used to operate as ARB doing a lot of commercial stuff so been around for a while.

Thanks everyone. She's going to go ahead with it; fingers crossed it works out ok.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Put a mate of mine with them. It took them ages to get an assessor out even though the car was a complete write off from the outset. Had to continually chase them to get the assessor to send on the final report. And then the cheque for claims has to be sent from the UK. Its at that point you'd realise how handy a courtesy car is........but they dont do them.

They tend to be cheap but i'd always give a health warning with them.

Back