no more nails to hang picture?

moneygrower

Is it safe to use this stuff to hang picture hooks or will it come crashing down? Don't fancy drilling masonary wall.

Is it safe to use this stuff to hang picture hooks or will it come crashing down? Don't fancy drilling masonary wall.

You shouldn't need to drill - can you not just use the little white plastic picture hooks (with 4 tack type nails on the back). They hold a fair bit of weight.

You shouldn't need to drill - can you not just use the little white plastic picture hooks (with 4 tack type nails on the back). They hold a fair bit of weight.

the're right
come in a pack of 2 or 3 they're like a picture hook with little pin like pieces in the bottom part of the hook so you put in on the wall about where you want to hang the picture then hammer in the pins

If you use no-more-nails, you'll find that when you get fed up of the picture and want to change it, you'll end up also removing half your wall!

I used that product once and renamed it to "No, More nails". :(

Good one! In fairness to "no more nails" and other types of panel adhesives, they were never designed for that purpose. For lightweight pictures etc those white picture hooks with hardened steel pins are fine, for something more substantial I use a product from "Rayfix":
[broken link removed]

For the best (light to medium duty) fixing of all, in a solid (masonry) wall it's hard to beat a plug and screw.

the no more nails might stick , but the paint would peel from the wall

the're right
come in a pack of 2 or 3 they're like a picture hook with little pin like pieces in the bottom part of the hook so you put in on the wall about where you want to hang the picture then hammer in the pins
You just hammer them in to the wall, no drilling holes?

I would drill it and plug it. Permanent proper job, unless it`s a postcard you`re hanging up.
As Carpenter said `no more nails` is not really designed for hanging pictures etc, it`s mainly for the likes of bonding skirting boards to the walls etc.

I would drill it and plug it. Permanent proper job, unless it`s a postcard you`re hanging up.
As Carpenter said `no more nails` is not really designed for hanging pictures etc, it`s mainly for the likes of bonding skirting boards to the walls etc.
what do you think of the hooks with pins to nail on to wall?

You may get away with it Jane but to be honest for the two minutes it would take to do it right I would still drill and plug it.
If in time to come you wanted to change the picture and put up a larger one the anchor would be there to secure it.
The hooks with pins just grip into the plasterwork and if or when you needed to move them the chances are that a chunk of plaster would break off leaving you with a patch to re plaster.

Check this out ..........It was discussed is a previous post by Jane Doe ( home & gardens )

Its must be the latest picture hanging technology !

Check this out ..........It was discussed is a previous post by Jane Doe ( home & gardens )

Its must be the latest picture hanging technology !
Yes i did get get some of them but am a bit wary. So far I have only hung a calendar with one

You may get away with it Jane but to be honest for the two minutes it would take to do it right I would still drill and plug it.
If in time to come you wanted to change the picture and put up a larger one the anchor would be there to secure it.
The hooks with pins just grip into the plasterwork and if or when you needed to move them the chances are that a chunk of plaster would break off leaving you with a patch to re plaster.
Hi iggy. It is not the two mins that bothers me.I am not any good at drilling etc. Thanks

I used these and it ended up taking chips out of the plaster on the wall! Might say more for the plaster work than the hooks but I ended up going with the drill!

I used these and it ended up taking chips out of the plaster on the wall! Might say more for the plaster work than the hooks but I ended up going with the drill!
was it a plaster board wall? I was told to be careful with pb walls

Back